Greek, player-run town.

Want to start a project on CityCraft? Post it here and look for members to help.

Greek, player-run town.

Postby BooBrick » 08 Sep 2014, 23:34

Greetings fellow Minecraftians. I have noticed the decline of player activity, and have decided to gather the remaining players and group them together in a nice project: Building a town with a common theme (The warp is Mikri_Poli. It means "Small Town.").

Now, this isn't a Plot-based, player-owns-a-house type...this is a town where its inhabitants help build major buildings within it. The theme is ancient Greece, a theme most of us know (If you aren't sure, Google it xD).

The first 5 people to sign up will get their names placed on signs in the acropolis - the center of town. You can either PM me on here, or tell me on the server, but I check the forums more often than I am on the server...

Now, before you get too excited, there are SOME hold-backs...
As there aren't any defined "Plots," there are "Up for grabs" for plots of land you may build your home. The main town area has been flattened so there is easier building of large structures. Residential buildings are to be built outside the perimeter, flattened to the town level, one over it, or one under it.
Also, please at least try building according to theme, and do as well as you can.
NO DUMB BUILDS!
Also, please don't run businesses in the residential areas. The marketplace will be built to do just that!
If you need any help, or wish to talk to me, check the build server first. If I'm not there, check the forums and PM me!

Happy Building!
~~Hoping to help all that need it, want it, and could use it ;)~~
BooBrick
Iron Miner

Build:Ultra
FTB:Ultra

Re: Greek, player-run town.

Postby iBallisticPandai » 09 Sep 2014, 01:40

Can't wait to get building!!!

So yeah i wanna join!

-Panda

^^^The one and only
if u wanna meet up with me google choochoos network, i'm almost always on :)
Owner of Dragon Slayer Armor!!!

Reaper of NOOBS!!!

Bane if Indignity!!!
iBallisticPandai
Diamond Miner

Postby Tyfomsis » 09 Sep 2014, 15:02

Decline, yeah.
Then my senses where correct.
It would be sad to see CC go down the road, but only time will tell.
I would love to help with the project, but I am a recovering buildaholic. Tough now I have caught something else; Tech-it-aholism.

Good luck with the project.
I will check by at some point.
POTW for June 9th > June 15th - 2014
/warp snestad

Other warps
/warp tyfo_mbc2014
/warp vulcano

Tech it! or leave it.
Tyfomsis
Gold Miner

Postby iBallisticPandai » 09 Sep 2014, 19:47

Tyfomsis wrote: Tough now I have caught something else; Tech-it-aholism.

I wanna be caught with that ;) srsly why isnt it out to the public yet :?:

Reaper of NOOBS!!!

Bane if Indignity!!!
iBallisticPandai
Diamond Miner

UPDATE (Day 2)

Postby BooBrick » 10 Sep 2014, 00:10

Hey guys. This is just an update on the town so far and who's working on them:
Completed:
Spawn -Boo
Bay -Big_Alberto and Boo
Agora (Marketplace) -Boo

In Progress:
Acropolis -nobody123456789 and SteviePlanks
Olympus -Big_Alberto and Boo
Gardens -nobody123456789

To still be done:
Theater
Homes
Gym
Olympic Area

Thank you all for your contribution to this project :)
BooBrick
Iron Miner

Postby iBallisticPandai » 10 Sep 2014, 01:38

Soooooooooo.....

What should I do - coming on now

Reaper of NOOBS!!!

Bane if Indignity!!!
iBallisticPandai
Diamond Miner

Postby Phox911 » 11 Sep 2014, 02:56

Basically this place is coming along nicely,

I'm enjoying building here and want to see it increase to the size of a city that is featured on YouTube.
I'm curious about if we can do some promotional video for CC and attract some people through that and recreate the server.

That's an aim I have for this project, and I will see that through till the end.

Some areas that need work =
- Spawn
- Houses opposite spawn
- Market
- Landscaping
- Building Area
- Size of my Acropolis (looks tiny compared to my massive fountain)

Also, leave the area behind my sandstone wall, I'm building a garden behind that and will develop it, time permitting.

BallisticPanda - I suggest you consider creating and outlining a space for an ampitheatre, and consider how to make that look fantastic, that could be your project if you're willing to take it on.

I'm usually on in the mornings for New Zealand Standard Time and occasionally in the evenings.

Thanks very much friends.
Cheers ~

Nobody

Guild of Builders
Ultra

===========================================================

You do not just drop a role in a man's lap, and say, "Go, seal, clap for your fish. " I must make this my own if I am to undertake it.
Phox911
Gold Miner

Name:Nobody123456789

I'm sorry Dave, but I cannot do that.

Postby BooBrick » 12 Sep 2014, 01:12

Hey guys. Today is the fourth day of progress on Mikri_Poli.
We have done quite a lot with it!

But... we have a problem.

I meant for this town to be as close to original Greece as possible. I have noticed there have been several "additions" to the town that need to be either edited or removed.

For instance, we need to refresh what I said in the original post.
"Homes go outside the perimeter of the town."
Do not build any homes in the flat area!
@Stevie, Please don't add anything without prior approval (Your warp boxes).
@Nobo, all the builds that I have made are in progress. Since I am not on all the time, it may be a while before I finish them.
@Everyone, Please don't edit another man's work. We all know how it feels to create something, and come back the next day to find it altered a bit. So please don't do it!
@Big, Olympus is gonna be your duty to accomplish. I need to keep the town in check.

Sorry if I sound like a build-tyrant, but I'm tryin' to keep this 'legit.'
So please, mind your own builds, be friendly, and have a good time. :)

Plus, if I'm not on, don't go ahead and build something new. Let me decide where to put it. That way we can expand builds if we need to without running into others.

-- 11 Sep 2014, 20:23 --

Phox911 wrote:Basically this place is coming along nicely,

I'm enjoying building here and want to see it increase to the size of a city that is featured on YouTube.
I'm curious about if we can do some promotional video for CC and attract some people through that and recreate the server.

That's an aim I have for this project, and I will see that through till the end.

Some areas that need work =
- Spawn
- Houses opposite spawn
- Market
- Landscaping
- Building Area
- Size of my Acropolis (looks tiny compared to my massive fountain)

Also, leave the area behind my sandstone wall, I'm building a garden behind that and will develop it, time permitting.

BallisticPanda - I suggest you consider creating and outlining a space for an ampitheatre, and consider how to make that look fantastic, that could be your project if you're willing to take it on.

@Nobo, please let me decide when and where to build things. I don't want to seem rude, or bossy, but since it's my build, I think I should have a say in things first :) .
Also, please downgrade the fountain. Keep it simple. For now, the more simple, the better. We can always add to it later. And about the size. As soon as we get something going, I'll ask for an extension, maybe flattened, maybe not.
Another thing. If you want to create a video, go ahead. I will have nothing to do with it, personally. If you want all of us in it, fine by me. But don't expect me to come on at a certain time for it :I I have IRL work to do...
Again, one more thing. Do NOT copy ANY builds you see ANYWHERE! This is an original build, something I decided would be fairly easy since the Greeks were simple built people. I don't care how big it gets, how famous it is, how nice it looks. All that matters is that the people who still give a hoot about CityCraft can stick together and tolerate each other in a common build, have fun, and enjoy it while it lasts.

Finally, DO NOT ADD ANY LAND "PERSONALLY" TO THE TOWN! I don't care if it's for a build, I don't care if it is so people won't build outside the city and claim it. Please don't do it. It's a pain in the butt to have to re-add everybody to that land, and protect over it with the city's common protection.

My rant is done. Peace.
BooBrick
Iron Miner

Return to Build Projects