UPDATING RANKS

Chat for build members.

Re: UPDATING RANKS

Postby Jake » 16 Jun 2014, 21:50

Windy wrote:Thank you for assuming my genuine question was hostile.

At no point did I even imply that it was hostile. It was more aiming for "detailed and informative"

Windy wrote:There have been no posts on the forum about removing the rank shop before this thread.
How do I know? I read all unread posts every time I log in to the forum.

So do I, and the people that had questions about this either PM'd me, asked someone in-game or took the information given. A post to announce this isn't needed when the information is given on the page itself.

Windy wrote:Thank you, specifically Jake. for making the final push for me to leave citycraft.

Let's make this as honest as possible. I used to look up to you. Now, you're assuming that my genuine response was hostile. But since absolutely everything that happens now is my fault, I'll leave you to it. To blame your wish to leave on me for one post that was only aimed at being informative is rather hurtful and does wonders to my already incredibly shit and stressful life.

That wasn't explained very well, but quite honestly, I don't really care. That'll be my last public post on the matter, and with that, I bid you all a good day. Further concerns can be resolved elsewhere, but for now, I'm done with it.
Jake
Admin

Name:Jakelb_
Build:Admin
Survival:Admin
FTB:Moderator
SkyBlock:Moderator

Build portfolio

Postby Expertwolfgamer » 16 Jun 2014, 21:53

Does anyone know when the rank page will be updated I really really really want veteran which ima bout to get :mrgreen: and donator which I might get soon :(
There are only 10 types of people in this world, those that know binary and those that don't.

Build: Trusted
SkyBlock: Not Important! xD
FTB: Not Important! Cx
Survival: Not Important! x3
Expertwolfgamer
Gold Miner

Postby Frinni » 16 Jun 2014, 21:59

Minecraft is going to end up being a whole new experience for many servers, us included.
It's unfortunate that it have come to this but things obviously need to change since the company that created the game wants it to.
I'm positive that Joe and the current staff will give more information when they have it. As for now, just trust that they are discussing the situation and working on finding a solution that will suit the server and hopefully its players as well.
They have everyones interests in mind and is one of the few servers out there that is actually openly allowing people to make threads like these without instantly deleting or shutting them down.
I think we're all a bit on edge here regarding all the changes that is to come, so let's be a bit open minded and try to see the best in each other rather than nitpicking at everything.
The gameplay on the servers will become different, and hopefully this nasty attitude problem we've had lately on the server and forums will change with it.

As for Expertwolfgamer's question about the rank page. There's no set date for when Joe and the staff will have figured everything out. So until then, just hang in there. Ranks will look a lot different in the near future, if even being ranks at all. Time will tell.
Frinni
<3

Build:<3
Survival:<3
FTB:<3
SkyBlock:<3

Postby Expertwolfgamer » 16 Jun 2014, 22:01

oh ok thx frinni
There are only 10 types of people in this world, those that know binary and those that don't.

Build: Trusted
SkyBlock: Not Important! xD
FTB: Not Important! Cx
Survival: Not Important! x3
Expertwolfgamer
Gold Miner

Postby Tyfomsis » 17 Jun 2014, 10:53

Nice post Frinni.

Well all this is really annoying, but that is how things will be in the future. I for one will sit back and wait for Joe's solution.
One thing which does get me off on this is that all players must have equal abilities.
That I can accept, but I cannot accept that it will initially force it so that everybody must be able to use the tools, which are currently only avalible to staff. I smell anarchy, grief and a whole lot of other bad things. There must be a small exception to the rule or I fear things will go really wrong.
That is my only current concern.

Well have a nice summer and keep on crafting.
And remember; Buildaholism is a good thing!
POTW for June 9th > June 15th - 2014
/warp snestad

Other warps
/warp tyfo_mbc2014
/warp vulcano

Tech it! or leave it.
Tyfomsis
Gold Miner

Postby Lord Cuddles » 17 Jun 2014, 11:57

I don't think it'll impact on the staff ranks seeing as you don't pay for them, Neil and I were tweeting Owen about this yesterday and he confirmed this (despite the EULA saying otherwise)
Still play Minecraft? Contact me via my website URL in my profile
Lord Cuddles
GOD LIKE

Name:Lord_Cuddles
Build:Ultra
Survival:Ultra
FTB:Ultra

Build portfolio

Postby Tyfomsis » 17 Jun 2014, 17:13

Ah good to hear Cuddles, a heavy concern was just lifted from my CC hearth.
Now to wait for the future of CC, but while we wait, build, build and build some more.
POTW for June 9th > June 15th - 2014
/warp snestad

Other warps
/warp tyfo_mbc2014
/warp vulcano

Tech it! or leave it.
Tyfomsis
Gold Miner

Postby farawaytreehouse » 17 Jun 2014, 22:22

I only have one concern, I understand that there is a large possibility that donator ranks might disappear. This is only to my concern of the money i paid. Will donators like me get our money back? I definitely understand if that is that something that will occur do to the trouble in paying back every single player that donated since from my knowledge the money donators pay is gathered to pay the bills of owning a minecraft servers. I don't want to come off as if I'm demanding my money back i am just curious. Thank you to whoever answers my question. :)
Farawaytreehouse
Elite | tier 2

Derp..

MLP all the way!!!
farawaytreehouse
Lapis Lazuli Miner

Postby Chriccy » 17 Jun 2014, 23:14

farawaytreehouse wrote:I only have one concern, I understand that there is a large possibility that donator ranks might disappear. This is only to my concern of the money i paid. Will donators like me get our money back? I definitely understand if that is that something that will occur do to the trouble in paying back every single player that donated since from my knowledge the money donators pay is gathered to pay the bills of owning a minecraft servers. I don't want to come off as if I'm demanding my money back i am just curious. Thank you to whoever answers my question. :)

As you said yourself: the money is used to pay for the server hosting, and there's no way Joe could refund all donations. They are called donations for a reason :)
I do things occasionally
Chriccy
Admin

Name:ChriccyR
Build:Moderator
Survival:Admin
FTB:Moderator
SkyBlock:Moderator

Postby CDH97 » 17 Jun 2014, 23:16

Wasn't part of the reason for the eula being more publicised all of a sudden to do with mojang nit liking ranks being called donations?
:P
CDH97
Obsidian Miner

FTB:Ultra

PreviousNext

Return to Build Chat