UPDATING RANKS

Chat for build members.

Re: UPDATING RANKS

Postby Neil » 18 Jun 2014, 00:37

farawaytreehouse wrote:I understand that there is a large possibility that donator ranks might disappear.

Don't worry, although (obviously) there's still some things to finalise, a large focus is being put on making it so people who previously donated see as little difference as possible.

More info will follow as soon as we get the last few bits sorted, hang in there :)
"Have you tried turning it off and on again?"
Neil
Manic Miner

Name:__Neil__
Build:Admin
Survival:Admin
FTB:Admin
SkyBlock:Admin

Postby hoodedpsycho193 » 18 Jun 2014, 18:57

Do we yet know if the token shop will stay in it's current state, or if it will be changing along with whatever happens ranks wise? Getting fairly close to ultimate
Hoodedpsycho193
Build-Trusted
Years on build: ≈3
hoodedpsycho193
Iron Miner

Postby Windy » 18 Jun 2014, 22:44

Latest you should hear anything is august 1st. As that is the grace period Mojang have given servers to abide by their reworded eula
I have stopped playing on the servers.
The community just isn't the same to me as when I started playing.

Slowly moving on to pastures anew.
Twitter: thewindypops

(Edited on request of a member of the staff team)
Windy
BANNED

Name:MrWindypops
Build:Ultra
Survival:Ultra
FTB:Ultra

Postby Frinni » 18 Jun 2014, 23:10

As it is right now, Joe and staff is still trying to work something out that will be good for everyone. Just hang tight.
Frinni
<3

Build:<3
Survival:<3
FTB:<3
SkyBlock:<3

Postby spencer0908 » 19 Jun 2014, 01:37

These questions answer a lot of the questions you guys have.

1.Are any servers exempt to the EULA?
No. It affects all servers and players equally.

2.Can I sell kits for hard currency if I provide a balanced alternative for non-paying users?
If the kits contain gameplay-affecting features they are not allowed. Gameplay balance is not relevant to the EULA. If the items included in the kit are purely cosmetic, you can charge real money/hard currency.

3.Can I sell boosters, which provide faster gold gain, XP, or other in-game resources for hard currency?
No boosters, item generators, and all other features that affect gameplay are not allowed.

4.You can sell cosmetic items for hard currency directly or allow players to fund an account specific to your server. Its up to the host of the server to decide how this works. Remember that capes are the exception to this rule you are not allowed to give them away or sell them.

5.Can I sell ranks on my server?
Yes. Ranks are allowed so long as any perks gained are cosmetic. Coloured names, prefixes, special hats etc. are fine.

6.Can I charge for access to server commands?
Yes, as long as their effects are purely cosmetic. Commands that affect gameplay, such as a command to fly, cannot be sold for hard currency.

How should servers deal with users who have already spent hard currency on features that affect gameplay?
Users may keep the perks theyve paid for on the condition that the same perks are available to other players on the server (directly or purchasable using soft currency). Its up to the server host to decide how to compensate users for previous transactions.

That is basically the EULA new ranks thing in a nutshell. The EULA specifically states that they cannot make money from ANY Essential gameplay features
"While the State exists there can be no freedom; when there is freedom there will be no State."
-Vladimir Lenin
Survival:Challenger
Build:Veteran
Rise up and create a new Citycraft.
spencer0908
Diamond Miner

Postby Frinni » 19 Jun 2014, 02:18

Joe and the staff is well aware of the Q&A that Mojang released. They have also asked furhter questions regarding things that concerns them.

I still haven't heard anything about the progress towards the future, which means they are still discussing it.

One thing I must say they did fantastically well, compared to other servers, is that they disabled the donation system. Other servers are still trying to convince their playerbase that they're not affected by the EULA and practially tricking people into paying a lot of money for something that they will not be able to keep.

CityCraft does care about you all and is working on a solution that will be good for everyone and still comply with the EULA.
Frinni
<3

Build:<3
Survival:<3
FTB:<3
SkyBlock:<3

Postby HopSquat » 22 Jun 2014, 21:27

I was so looking forward to being able to fly but the next time i voted the ranks were down. WHY!!!!!!!??????

they have crushed my dream
HopSquat

Name:Hopper_Squatcher

Postby Baseballer17 » 02 Jul 2014, 03:28

I hope it's sooner rather than later.
Baseballer17

Name:Baseballer17rm

Previous

Return to Build Chat