Quidditch Tournament

Chat for build members.

Quidditch Tournament

Postby TakIngBackTj » 11 Feb 2014, 22:54

Hay guys, Tj here.
I have not been on the here (the forums and the actual build server) for a while, but the times I have had time to do some building, I have been working on a Quidditch arena project.
After a gruelling 3 months building with some help from Flamming_ducky, Scaydi and others, it is now finally complete with usable hoops and seating areas in the stands for people to watch.
I have had a few people interested in using this arena for an actual game. If you are into Harry Potter, have read the books or seen the films you will know what I am on about, If not the rules are simple. Its like basketball, but on broomsticks, in the air and with 3 goal hoops to shoot through.

The whole point for this post is to ask you the people, If you would be interested in making it into an actual tournament/game (I have been asked to post something in the events forums, but I don't think i would get enough support without asking what you all think)

Obviously, It would have to be a Trusted rank or higher game due to having to be able to fly. Which would then make it more of an incentive for the Defaults/members to become trusted so they can play.

Feedback would be amazing guys!
If you would like to check out my Quidditch arena the warp is /warp broomstick
Tony
"You have just lost the game!"
TakIngBackTj
Coal Miner

Build:Ultra

Build portfolio

Re: Quidditch Tournament

Postby Alberto » 11 Feb 2014, 23:17

Hello all! I am a very big fan of the Quiddich event that takingbacktj is making! However, I would love to support his idea, and I would play in the Gryfindor team! However, maybe this can become a famous CityCraft Mini-Game if more people will support it. By the way, I was not a helper of this build, but I am a friend of takingbacktj.
I persuade everyone who is Trusted and up to sign up or tell takingbacktj that it is a good idea!!! :D !
It is me, a 12 year-old boy on the way of becoming a classical pianist....

My biggest fan: Glenn Gould

CityCraft Build: Elite

CityCraft Survival: Member

This is me.. Big_Alberto (Alberto)
Alberto
Redstone Miner

Name:Big_Alberto

Postby FizzyJuice152 » 11 Feb 2014, 23:19

It is a very creative event, and I think that I would definitely enjoy participating in something like this! Count me in if this ever gets around to happening :D
It seems in the liking of most all players on the server, so I think this would be a well supported Build Event.
FizzyJuice152
Obsidian Miner

SkyBlock:Ultra

Build portfolio

Postby EpicLivi » 12 Feb 2014, 03:28

Creative! I love the idea, and I will support it! :D Good luck!
EULA is a squid killer
EpicLivi
Coal Miner

Build:BANNED

Postby Windy » 12 Feb 2014, 12:54

Sounds good, bro.
I have stopped playing on the servers.
The community just isn't the same to me as when I started playing.

Slowly moving on to pastures anew.
Twitter: thewindypops

(Edited on request of a member of the staff team)
Windy
BANNED

Name:MrWindypops
Survival:Ultra
FTB:Ultra

Postby TakIngBackTj » 12 Feb 2014, 18:52

Quick update.

I have thought of a few rules that might clear up some questions you may be having.

Players must be Trusted or higher (due to having to fly)
    Default and Member players will be able to watch in the stands and cheer for their team.
    Houses (Gryffindor, Slytherin, Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff) will be pre assigned to players
    A signed book will be used at the Quaffel (The ball thrown around and used to score)

Game Play
    There will be 5 Players per team. 1 Goalie and 4 Chasers.
    Goals will be scored when the signed book is thrown into the hoop
    A none player will be assigned as Referee which will look over the game and make the final decision (goal or no goal)
In the books/films there is a Golden Snitch which when caught, gives the catchers team 150 points and finishes the game. I have been toying with some ideas of how this will be done in minecraft, nothing amazing at the moment, I will keep you posted if I do come up with a revolutionary idea.

I hope this clears up any questions.
Tony
TakIngBackTj
Coal Miner

Build portfolio

Postby meltedcrayon » 13 Feb 2014, 20:34

OMG having quidditch on build would be amazing!!
meltedcrayon
Stone Miner

Name:melted_crayon

Postby nzspottyfur » 15 Feb 2014, 22:16

This sounds awesome! I would love to participate :D
Go Gryffindor!!
-Spottyfur :D
Donator+ on Build
Noob on Survival
nzspottyfur
Gold Miner

Name:spottyfur
SkyBlock:Ultra

Build portfolio

Postby TakIngBackTj » 20 Aug 2014, 20:30

This looks like the perfect time to bump this post and get the idea up and running again.
As you all might be aware, due to the new EULA, Everyone has been given the ability to play in creative mode. This means everybody on the server can now fly and in turn means that everyone could participate in the Quidditch tournament.
I have been not figured out the rules or teams or houses 100% just yet, but if you are interested. Please drop me a message and I shall put your name on the list. If we get enough people interested we may have a shot at making this silly idea work :)
I hope to hear from some of you guys soon (Or this idea will fall flat on its ass)
Tj
Tony
TakIngBackTj
Coal Miner

Build portfolio

Return to Build Chat