Survival Server - Reboot

Information about the survival server.

Survival Server - Reboot

Postby joebladon » 14 Oct 2013, 13:32

Hey everyone,

There have been many topics over the past few months on what people think is wrong with the survival server and what they would like to change. I think we can all agree that since the last reset the server just hasn't been the same so something must be done.
There have been a few discussions between staff about this topic and we have come up with a few ideas which i will post below. The main thing we all agree on is that we need another reset. This will happen along with the 1.7 update to minimise disruption to the community.

This reset will not be like the last, this time round we will be completely reconstructing the server setup from the ground up. Thoughtout this process i would greatly appreciate input from you the community. I will be listing plugins along with a vote link so you can vote if that plugin should be on the server or not. I hope this will create a server made by the community for the community.
[NOTE: The votes are 'Yes, keep the plugin', or 'No, remove the plugin']
Plugin List:

Vote links were changed on 16th October because of obvious cheating, if you voted before this, you will need to re-vote now. Sorry for the inconvenience!

VOTE Battle Arena - (The arena plugin)
VOTE CombatTag - (Stops people combat logging)
VOTE TnT - (Tnt enable)
VOTE Fattnt - (Modifies tnt damage on particular blocks)
VOTE Explosion Regen - (Regens land after a TnT explosion)
VOTE Global Market - (/market shop)
VOTE GodLogin - (Gives 10 mins of god mode to new players)
VOTE Herobounty - (/bounty)
VOTE McMMO - (Ability leveling)
VOTE PlayerHeads - (Allow peoples heads to drop after killing them)
VOTE Sneak - (/sneak)

CLICK EACH LINK TO VOTE FOR EACH PLUGIN. DO NOT REPLY TO THIS TOPIC WITH YOUR VOTES.

If you would like to get a plugin added to this list please reply to this topic using this template;

Plugin name:

Link to plugin:

Reason for adding the plugin:

To give a more custom and interesting server for people to play on we also need to come up with a list of key features. These features will be what makes the server different from all those other survival servers that you see. I hope that this time round we can create some sort of endgame to the server, some goal for people to aim for, content for people to complete. This is going to be the most complex part of reconstructing the survival server.

Feature list:

New Spawn - (Spawn build with the main idea of minimal lag at spawn)
Custom world - (World created using WorldPainter to give a custom feel to the server)
Mini dungeons - (A series of mini dungeons)
Boss Mobs - (Randomly spawning boss mobs that drop loot and xp)
Special gear - (Similar to diablodrops but more balanced)

If you would like to get a feature added to this list please reply to this topic using this template;

Description of the feature:

Reason for adding the feature:

I am posting this topic now so we have as much time as possible to get feedback and suggestions from you guys. Normally i announce resets very close to or on the same day. This is to avoid people leaving the server until the reset happens, in this case the player count is already very low so i feel getting feedback is much more important. Also this time around i will be allowing a certain percentage of what people have earned on the current server to be carried onto the new server so there is still reason to play right up to the reset!
Last edited by Neil on 16 Oct 2013, 13:22, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: Made voting instructions a little clearer.
joebladon
CityCraft Owner

Name:Joebladon
Build:Owner
Survival:Owner
FTB:Owner
SkyBlock:Owner

Re: Survival Server - Reboot

Postby dogtag1111 » 14 Oct 2013, 18:15

May i ask, With the boss mobs and so will that mean there will have to be client mods installed? And with the custom world generator how extreme will the world be, if u add dungeons and stuff like that would be cool but nothing which will be over the top if you understand what i am trying to say but i glad that the server is getting fresh start.
Tier 4 Survival
Donator Build (Thanks Windy <3)
Member Of NightAngel
Member Of CityCraft!
League Of Legend's Account Name [EUW]-DogtagRevived
dogtag1111
Gold Miner

Build:Ultra

Postby Demcmd » 14 Oct 2013, 18:27

dogtag1111 wrote:May i ask, With the boss mobs and so will that mean there will have to be client mods installed? And with the custom world generator how extreme will the world be, if u add dungeons and stuff like that would be cool but nothing which will be over the top if you understand what i am trying to say but i glad that the server is getting fresh start.

It'll be plugin based. You won't need a mod to get on. And for world generation, I'm sure it won't be so extreme that it makes you drop in FPS.
'So long as the memory of certain beloved friends lives in my heart, I shall say that life is good' - Helen Keller
Thanks for the memories, CityCraft!
Demcmd
GOD LIKE

Name:demcmd
Survival:Ultra
FTB:Ultra

Postby dogtag1111 » 14 Oct 2013, 18:29

With the world generation i was trying to say dont make it to extreme to change the whole game to like FTB with the stuff on there and so on
Tier 4 Survival
Donator Build (Thanks Windy <3)
Member Of NightAngel
Member Of CityCraft!
League Of Legend's Account Name [EUW]-DogtagRevived
dogtag1111
Gold Miner

Postby dlmutton » 14 Oct 2013, 18:33

Will the host be moving as well?

"There's a beast in every man and it stirs when you put a sword in his hand."- Ser Jorah Mormont~Game Of Thrones
dlmutton
Obsidian Miner

Postby Neil » 14 Oct 2013, 19:02

Please use the vote links next to each topic otherwise it's unlikely to be counted.
"Have you tried turning it off and on again?"
Neil
Manic Miner

Name:__Neil__
Build:Admin
Survival:Admin
FTB:Admin
SkyBlock:Admin

Postby Cmp » 14 Oct 2013, 19:15

dlmutton wrote:Will the host be moving as well?

I think it would be best to assume that the host will stay where it is unless Joe specifically says that it is moving.
I have moved on from Minecraft. I now Administrate for a trade community in Team Fortress 2 and sell posters.
Cmp
GOD LIKE

Name:cmptrzd1592
SkyBlock:Ultra

Build portfolio

Postby Oady » 14 Oct 2013, 19:47

dlmutton wrote:Will the host be moving as well?

I just asked Joe on ts and he said that as soon as a different company have stock (ovh) then he'll move hosts. So there's no fixed time for when it will move.
<?php
echo("I do not know how to PHP");
?>
Oady
GOD LIKE

Postby Windy » 14 Oct 2013, 20:01

Please could we wait for posts by the server staff before starting rumours that may or may not be true.

Edit: I have removed peoples posts where they have put what they voted, to avoid confusion. If you would like to discuss your votes, please re-post - but make sure you follow the vote links to have your say counted.
I have stopped playing on the servers.
The community just isn't the same to me as when I started playing.

Slowly moving on to pastures anew.
Twitter: thewindypops

(Edited on request of a member of the staff team)
Windy
BANNED

Name:MrWindypops

Postby PlayerKris » 14 Oct 2013, 20:16

well if the server is going to be remade, is there going to me a new spawn? if there is, i would like to help make it. :3
PlayerKris
Dirt Miner

Name:Player_Kris

Next

Return to Survival Information