Shutting Down CityCraft - Q&A

All survival chat.

Re: Shutting Down CityCraft - Q&A

Postby Jake4701 » 07 Jan 2015, 00:06

Being busy with school, Minecraft hasn't really been a priority of mine, but when I logged on today, the least I can say is I was devastated to see that CC Build was shut down. Let me tell you Joe, not once have I ever been on a server with such an amazing community. The staff have not only been helpful, but kind, and overall down-to-Earth people to talk to. I'm so thankful to have been apart of this community, and I only hope that some day I will find a server with such a great community again. So I thank you all for making it such a wonderful experience. Thank you.
Survival: Member | Build: Donator+
Jake4701
Stone Miner

Build:Ultra

Postby imsai » 26 Jan 2015, 08:48

joebladon wrote:Hello everyone,

I am making this post today to let you know that I will be closing down CityCraft in a few days time.

There have been so many things over the last few months that have made is almost impossible to keep the server running. First we had the EULA changes causing the server to make considerably less money each month, and as we have seen from the donation goal i added with the new shop we aren't even close to covering the costs of the server.

The next major hit was when the bukkit project was abandoned by its lead developers, this then evolved into the entire project being taken down. I have serious doubts that there will ever be a bukkit version released for 1.8. This mean all development has stopped for everything on the server. No plugin updates, no bug fixes and no new plugins. All this means we can't evolve from the current state that we have the servers, a state which anyone would say isn't right to get people back into playing on CC.

Finally the most recent bit of news is that microsoft is in talks to buy minecraft, now this could be a good thing but until that has gone through and new systems have been setup by the new owners i see it being very unsettled. There could be yet more major changes to come out before or after the sale.

I want you to know this isn't a decision i have come to lightly, CityCraft has been something i have dedicated almost 4 years of my life to but now i have other commitments and can't afford to run the server out of my own pocket each month.

I appologise to all of you that may be upset by this, i wish i was able to run this indefinitely but unfortunately things must come to an end.

This thread will act as an open Q&A for you guys so please if you have a question ask away and I'll get back to you with an answer.

I want to thank you all for playing on CityCraft and being a part of this amazing community over the last 3 years it means a lot to still have some of the original players here with us today as well as new people joining daily.

-Plenty of Server prices have gone down.
-Bukkit is still being developed.
-There is a Bukkit 1.8.
-Nothing much has happened with Microsoft recently.
-I'm sure more donations would come now to keep CC afloat.
(Heck, I can throw in an ok chunk.)
-Tons of people still want CC to come back.

I've been on CityCraft since 2011 and I haven't seen a better server with a more rich and kind community. I've been bathed in pork chops in the market by mobs of folk, bought a glitchy teleporting horse named Stephen that flew me through the void and I've never thought that there could be a better server. Thanks for a great time guys and I hope something happens in the future for CityCraft, what's been going on seems rather stubborn I suppose, but really it seems there's not much left. See ya.
*magical*
imsai

Postby worthyWaffle » 07 Feb 2015, 07:39

;_; I just want to say thank you to Joe. Since 2011 I've played off and on, creating things as I went. Some of my builds I could probably walk through with my eyes closed because of the time spent with them. This is very sad. It was my first MC server, I date back to the open_plots3 warp lol ;_;

Well, for those who remember me and for those I remember who read this, thank you too for being a part of this. I will genuinely miss you guys.

Much love
worthyWaffle
Obsidian Miner

Name:WorthyWaffle

Postby Rukie1 » 01 Mar 2015, 19:17

R.I.P
Hope to see you again soon <3
ELITE
TIER 5
SKYLORD
Member of the Holiday Corner Committee
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
give the chicken,
THE SEED

~ Rukie1 ~
Rukie1
Gold Miner

Survival:Ultra
SkyBlock:Ultra

Postby MadameErstaat(Real) » 12 Mar 2015, 04:52

It's been too long since I've been on CC :(. I wonder if anyone still remembers me? XD. Good luck with the server Joe :D!

-- 12 Mar 2015, 04:52 --

It's been too long since I've been on CC :(. I wonder if anyone still remembers me? XD. Good luck with the server Joe :D!
MadameErstaat(Real)

Name:MadameErstaat

Postby worthyWaffle » 12 Mar 2015, 10:54

I wanted to say one more thing, in retrospect. I remember buying my MC account back in '11 and logging into CC. Joe and Frinni were right there to greet me LMAO. But since it's closed I haven't even opened MineCraft. I think, for me, CityCraft was the only server. It still is.

BTW MY SKYPE:

Rone1695
worthyWaffle
Obsidian Miner

Name:WorthyWaffle

Postby Kwakey101 » 05 Apr 2015, 04:49

I remembered CC yesterday after not playing Minecraft for probably at least a year, and made it a point to try and come back. Saw this post, and am pretty disappointed it had to happen this way. For anyone who doesn't know me (probably everyone here) I was with this server from near its start and through a good portion of its early life. I was one of the first few admins added to the staff in the early days and remember how great the experience was. It had its ups and some huge downs, but I'm glad I found this server back when I did.

You did a great job, Joe! Wish it could continue.
My steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198006569302
Favorite Game ATM: AWESOMENAUTS!
Kwakey101
Iron Miner

Postby Fred » 17 Apr 2015, 23:43

The nostalgia is real
Fred
Survival Moderator
Build Donator

I'm always happy to help, feel free to contact me if you have any issues