Please Start Giving a S@*t

All survival chat.

Please Start Giving a S@*t

Postby dlmutton » 21 Jul 2014, 12:52

Yes, this post is aimed at most of the staff.

It seems that CC is "dying" yet again, losing valued members of the community who simply don't want to play anymore and contrary to popular belief, there are plenty of new people joining the server but they aren't staying. I believe that the inactivity of staff plays a large part in them leaving.

So, I'd like to ask mods and admins to actually start playing again and helping players, help bring CC back, if you don't want to then resign and let other players have a chance at it. At least make an effort to get CC back.

Also, the survival server seems completely neglected (I can't speak for build, I never play on it), I remember PvP tournaments, new dungeons coming out and survival testing new plugins to see if it improves the survival dynamic but I've seen nothing of this sort since the map reset, or even just fixes. Hell, yesterday it took 8 hours for the spawn water portal to be fixed.

So please start caring again, if you don't then resign (or maybe get demoted?) otherwise CC is going to lose more and more people.

P.S: please don't move or lock this, this topic is intended to let other players express how they feel about survival and how it's doing (and how the staff is doing) so almost anything about survival is "on-topic"

DL

"There's a beast in every man and it stirs when you put a sword in his hand."- Ser Jorah Mormont~Game Of Thrones
dlmutton
Obsidian Miner

Survival:Ultra
FTB:Ultra

Re: Please Start Giving a Shit

Postby 53gecko53 » 21 Jul 2014, 12:57

I agree with this post. Survival is dying and needs to be helped. I do have a suggestion to you joe. Its allow people to get unbanned if they donate 10$ (or what ever price is reasonable). They can only get unbanned once tho.
Also to get people voting more i think you should add the thing where you have a chance of getting an item from voting. for example you have a 1/50000 chance to get a creeper spawner everytime you vote or a 1/1000 chance to get full pro IV armour.
I make the pro players rage on BF3 somehow... I am a amazing player

Its fine they wont do anything wrong they are just like pets in a zoo you just look at them but they cant attack you
53gecko53
GOD LIKE

Build:Ultra

Postby GaZzWaRs » 21 Jul 2014, 13:25

The Build server is worse, believe you me. Usually no more than about four people on nowadays, and seeing a staff member on is like a miracle to me now.

I don't play on survival very much, so I can't really speak on that part, but I do know one thing. This post is very, very true. Staff just don't seem to have the drive they used to, and sure, it might be because the servers are not what they used to be, but I have waited for a modreq to be completed for days before, just because I come off the server before a mod comes on.

Thanks,
Gazz.
Hi there. My name's Gazz.

Need any help building?
viewtopic.php?f=247&t=19954

Official member of the CityCraft Build Welcoming Committee

GaZzWaRs
Bedrock Miner

Postby Reaver666 » 21 Jul 2014, 13:42

Meep
Last edited by Reaver666 on 23 Jul 2014, 10:28, edited 1 time in total.
I am a wretched human being. A miserable, mean God-damn bitch. I always have been. Ciao.
Reaver666
Diamond Miner

Postby dlmutton » 21 Jul 2014, 13:49

Reaver666 wrote:I pity you, you still have hope. A while ago I spoke to some staff members and the general consensus is that most of the staff no longer have motive or care enough. I shall not name the staff members but in their own words

'Quite honestly, we're all getting tired of this crap and bored now to the point that even the most loyal can't be bothered.'

I shall tread lightly here but most staff members who I have spoken to over the course of CC seem to speak of Joe in a rather negative light, perhaps the few staff (if any) that do still care should have a lovely little meeting where everyone can talk about what's going wrong.

Survival reminds me of a TV show which has a good long run, but now it's running out of stuff and all of it's fans are just wishing for the 'Olden' days to come back. I may not play here any more but I did spend two years here and to watch Survival slowly die due to a lack of motivation (Or personal pity party?) is quite honestly seriously depressing to any player who still cares for the server. I agree with DL on the fact that perhaps the server needs some new staff, a lot of the current staff are either too stressed, suffer from a lack of motivation or simply suck at their job (Point and case the fact that no staff seemed to noticed the profusion of bugs, glitches and illegal stuff I did this map reset, and if they did notice, they did nothing to stop me.)

In short: I posted here because even though I don't play here, it's still sad to see other players having more motivation then some of the staff. Staff needs 'remodelling' and to have a lovely group therapy session with each other to find out who actually cares these days. In my honest opinion, CC Survival suffers from a lot of problems and very little motivation staff side (as a collective team) to fix said problems. I have absolutely no doubt this thread will be locked/deleted or my post will, for some reason, be taken as a personal attack resulting it in its deletion but meh not like I care anymore xD

-Reaver

I still believe!

"There's a beast in every man and it stirs when you put a sword in his hand."- Ser Jorah Mormont~Game Of Thrones
dlmutton
Obsidian Miner

Postby lindovski » 21 Jul 2014, 14:21

Well, I still believe CC has a light in the end of the tunnel. For example you could start by giving players the other 50% of the game you cut off (Biomes) we play with like half a game, we need more biomes, we need a small map expansion.

What we also need is STAFF MEMBERS WHO GIVE A SHIT, and the ones who do give a shit know who they are. I will not post the names here, or my post will most likely get deleted or moved because you guys just CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH. CC is dead right now, because every single time a new player joins, no one is there to welcome them, to help them out, to make them believe that CC IS A GOOD SERVER. I know that part of it is not only for Staff Members but for players aswell, although STAFF MEMBERS HAVE A BIGGER RESPONSABILITY that is not recognised by each of you that are Admins or whatever:

*SOMESTAFFMEMBER* Joined the Game
*SOMESTAFFMEMBER* Is now AFK.
*SOMESTAFFMEMBER* Left the Game.

This is what I see EVERY SINGLE DAY (Except the ones you are not logged on, wich is TOO MANY for the rank you occupy in the server). If you just don't give a shit, if you could not care less about CC, resign, let others do the work you don't do. Some people would love to do the job you can't be assed to do! Do you just want to be a staff because of the perks? Because of the cool prefix you have before your name? WRONG ANSWER! You got Staff because Joe (The one you talk terribly by his back (Not going to mention names)) thought you would be a great addition to the Staff Team, because he thought you would help, you would BE ACTIVE, you would GIVE A SHIT! Well he got it wrong then. The server is dead, and something must be done in relation to it. Now Staff Members, don't start personal rants against me because of my past, because of my ban record, READ THIS POST, because I am one of few that still give a shit. Resign, or BE A DECENT STAFF MEMBER.
Last edited by lindovski on 21 Jul 2014, 14:47, edited 1 time in total.

Survival : Tier 5| Build : Elite | FTB : Engenier
lindovski
Bedrock Miner

Postby MacVaultDweller » 21 Jul 2014, 14:33

What gets me is reset after reset. Why create anything of value when it is gone in an instant. Map resets are not what is needed though a map expansion for missing biomes is. Not a big expansion, that can come with the next update, just one that will give us the the missing portion of the game. Try giving us some simple things to buy with our tokens to encourage voting. The only reason the last map failed was because of the outpost Idea. FAIL.
The outposts made it impossible to meet and pvp same thing with the random portal.
but it is not as bad. When it comes to mods and admins though Chriccy and I may not get along on some things Chriccy does put a lot of time and effort and when Jake and Neil are on they are very helpful so I have to give them credit. Matty__994 would have made a great mod but was never given a chance. Oh and Joe did try to fix the faction plugin with setting ownership but it never took so i'm not sure if he needs to send a ticket to the plugin editor or not but it would be helpful in encouraging facts to bring in unknown new members. The power drop issue needs to be reduced a loss of 1 per day instead of two. Not even Victrix could log in enough to keep power up and had to resort to giving itself permanent power witch really pissed a lot of people off for good reasons. like locked out spawn claims.
MacVaultDweller
Iron Miner

Postby Jake » 21 Jul 2014, 15:04

Right. Forgive my bluntness in this post, but I'm on my phone, while packing before I go away tomorrow. (Shall also be noted that I don't plan to address any comments in particular, I just want to get something out before I leave, I'll make a full post later, if no one else does.)

This entire thread isn't constructive, really, is it? It's just an attack.

From my own point of view (and not factoring any other), I have started to loose any reason to be as active as I used to be. I still come on every day, do what I need to do, talk to people, help people that need it while I'm there and make myself available (Steam, Skype, Forum, whatever) I don't play the game at all, so I don't have a reason to sit there for hours doing Survivally stuff (That's a word) but when the vast majority of people actively try to make an argument out of every little thing you say, you end up just taking crap off of people and then end up avoiding it. It's unnecessary stress.

Before anyone mentions it, no, I'm not taking this personally, it was my personal opinion and I know there are others that are in the same position. There's a lot that can be done to change within the Moderation Team (Admins included), however the general community aren't helping that. A few of us tried to change things and continue to do so, but when you know that there'll be an argument just because you're there, you begin to try less.

That probably didn't make any sense, but right now, I have better things to do, so although there's a lot more that I wouldn't mind saying, I'll have to finish, expand and tidy this up later.
Jake
Admin

Name:Jakelb_
Build:Admin
Survival:Admin
FTB:Moderator
SkyBlock:Moderator

Build portfolio

Postby lindovski » 21 Jul 2014, 15:17

The reason this post is even here is because the people that are on the server day after day keep trying to tell you what the problems are and what could help solve some of them but they get ignored, everybody has been talking about a small map expansion to get the things we need and you refused to act upon it. Even refusing to provide things in the store that are missing, or giving them as a voting incentive. It would be best to be remedied by a small map expansion but that is only 1 thing. How could you in good conscience vote for a server that doesn't even have a complete map. And that is just the basics.

I guess I have to repeat myself in saying that it's not all Moderators and Admins that may have issues, some of them put in a lot of time and effort and we all understand that and we all appreciate it.

Survival : Tier 5| Build : Elite | FTB : Engenier
lindovski
Bedrock Miner

Postby Nibink » 21 Jul 2014, 15:31

At first I would like to say that my post doesnt have anything to do with other moderators/admins. This is just my personal view on things said in this post.

First of all, its the holiday season. People might be on holiday, or spending their time on other activities.
And I dont know about you, but the last couple weeks it has been pretty warm, and I cant be bothered to sit in a hot room playing MC while I could be outside in the sun with a cold drink :P.

Ofcourse, these things cant explain the whole problem as they are only for short periods. However this is the explanation for me, I have a busier life in the holidays then when I go to school!

However, what I think is nonsense is that its "our'' job to welcome and help new people. Sure its part of the job while being a moderator, but you as a player have nearly as much power (on survival) to help anyone new that joins then we do, and I see my fair share of new people being killed as soon as they leave spawn or just get teleported.
For build, you can always just teleport them to the wild so they can get started, just let them send a modreq to get it protected so we can do that when we do come online.

Again I'd like to say this is my personal view, I do not feel attacked by any post here so please dont see my post as an attack either.
Wilderness Committee Captain

We talking, like misdemeanor kind of trouble or "squeal-like-a-pig" trouble?

Nibink

Build:Moderator
Survival:Moderator
FTB:Moderator
SkyBlock:Moderator

Build portfolio

Next

Return to Survival Chat