Any news to the Wither exploit?

All survival chat.

Any news to the Wither exploit?

Postby marceljj » 11 Jun 2014, 20:06

I'm sorry for rushing this, but this is a big deal, seeing as today I saw that a second faction base of mine has been griefed in what was most likely also a Wither attack. This is a very big exploit but I don't see anything being done here, and I would think that seeing as TNT and Creeper block damage are blocked, Wither should be as well. I could be, and have been, raided when none of the faction members were on due to someone Withering my base. This really does remove the legitimacy and fairness of raiding, and essentially destroys the point of PVP. It also gives people with more money a very much upper hand, as they can simply buy the supplies for a wither, and this creates a system where larger, more higher-ranked factions unfairly prey on smaller factions such as mine. We have literally no way of defending ourselves from these attacks, and it ruins the game. Sorry for ranting, but it's been a few days now and I see no progress, and yet another base of mine has been destroyed.
Thanks to The_Block_Master for my forum signature!
marceljj
Redstone Miner

Build:Ultra
Survival:Ultra

Re: Any news to the Wither exploit?

Postby Reaver666 » 11 Jun 2014, 20:28

marceljj wrote:I'm sorry for rushing this, but this is a big deal, seeing as today I saw that a second faction base of mine has been griefed in what was most likely also a Wither attack. This is a very big exploit but I don't see anything being done here, and I would think that seeing as TNT and Creeper block damage are blocked, Wither should be as well. I could be, and have been, raided when none of the faction members were on due to someone Withering my base. This really does remove the legitimacy and fairness of raiding, and essentially destroys the point of PVP. It also gives people with more money a very much upper hand, as they can simply buy the supplies for a wither, and this creates a system where larger, more higher-ranked factions unfairly prey on smaller factions such as mine. We have literally no way of defending ourselves from these attacks, and it ruins the game. Sorry for ranting, but it's been a few days now and I see no progress, and yet another base of mine has been destroyed.

Wasn't me who did it this time, although I wish it was. Personally after thinking about the Wither for a while I think that its charge block damage, which can break any block except bedrock, should be disabled, while the normal block damage should remain on. Just my opinion.

Edit: Apparently Lindovski did it.
Last edited by Reaver666 on 11 Jun 2014, 20:44, edited 1 time in total.
I am a wretched human being. A miserable, mean God-damn bitch. I always have been. Ciao.
Reaver666
Diamond Miner

Postby pop7up » 11 Jun 2014, 20:32

How about no block damage at all as it just basically free tnt till someone kills it tbh.
I mean it just launches till someone kills it meaning you can grief the entire map with one wither :geek:
pop7up
Veteran in Build
Tier 1/Conqueror in Survival Faction: PEUR
User in Skyblock
Mechanicin FTB Monster Faction:IcySoda
~~~Pokmon Master. Ask my Friend Code when you see me in-game to fight me >:D
POSSIBLE THE ONLY OWNER OF AN ENDER DRAGON HEAD
:lol:
pop7up
Obsidian Miner

Postby lindovski » 11 Jun 2014, 21:13

Someone very wise wrote:Hide your base.

There is your advice

Survival : Tier 5| Build : Elite | FTB : Engenier
lindovski
Bedrock Miner

FTB:Ultra

Postby marceljj » 11 Jun 2014, 21:15

Reaver666 wrote:Wasn't me who did it this time, although I wish it was. Personally after thinking about the Wither for a while I think that its charge block damage, which can break any block except bedrock, should be disabled, while the normal block damage should remain on. Just my opinion.

Edit: Apparently Lindovski did it.

Didn't say it was you, man, I'm just saying it's a bad way to raid and this whole situation has set off a bad thing in CC. I just want it to be disabled as it gives a huge advantage to high-ranked players and it ruins the game by making raiding non-PvP.

Also, Lindovski, that is beside the point. Newcomers wouldn't be able to make a base without someone using a Wither. And hiding your base being the only thing protecting your base makes the factions plugin worthless - vanilla minecraft would offer nearly the same kind of protection.
Thanks to The_Block_Master for my forum signature!
marceljj
Redstone Miner

Postby Windy » 12 Jun 2014, 16:04

Bumping to bring this to the attention of server staff.

Allowed or not, it needs to be explained, as people are getting the worst of both sides at the moment.
I have stopped playing on the servers.
The community just isn't the same to me as when I started playing.

Slowly moving on to pastures anew.
Twitter: thewindypops

(Edited on request of a member of the staff team)
Windy
BANNED

Name:MrWindypops

Postby Frinni » 13 Jun 2014, 00:12

Wither block dmg should be turned off as far as I'm aware.
Frinni
<3

Build:<3
Survival:<3
FTB:<3
SkyBlock:<3

Postby joebladon » 13 Jun 2014, 00:14

It was disabled last Saturday.
joebladon
CityCraft Owner

Name:Joebladon
Build:Owner
Survival:Owner
FTB:Owner
SkyBlock:Owner

Postby lindovski » 13 Jun 2014, 09:58

Thanks for the updates, although in my opinion it seemed to be quite fair. Nowadays the only way to raid is the faction to time-out or by some luck, you find your opponent on the Warzone and you kill him while his power is already down. The fact that no block but bedrock could resist it, that was more unfair, but still there should be a way to allow more blocks to be "unbreakeable" by Withers...

Survival : Tier 5| Build : Elite | FTB : Engenier
lindovski
Bedrock Miner

Postby CDH97 » 13 Jun 2014, 10:57

You don't lose power in the warzone.
CDH97
Obsidian Miner