[EXTREMELY URGENT] Wither Exploit

All survival chat.

[EXTREMELY URGENT] Wither Exploit

Postby marceljj » 07 Jun 2014, 17:07

Today, Reaver666 griefed one of my bases by spawning a wither there. My faction has enough power to protect its land, and sleazy tactics like wither bombs, while technically allowed, ruin the whole fun of factions, survival, and CityCraft. Why bother being, playing, and building on a server where someone can just spawn a wither and ruin hours of work? I understand this is Survival, but this fucks up the whole concept of raids. You can defend as much as you can and still be at the mercy of people like Reaver. I hope something can be done to prevent this, because this seriously ruins the fun of CityCraft.

EDIT: Maybe someone should be done to Withers like with Creepers, as in removing block damage and just keeping health damage. Because making Creepers unable to break blocks and allowing Withers to is inconsistent.
Thanks to The_Block_Master for my forum signature!
marceljj
Redstone Miner

Build:Ultra
Survival:Ultra

Re: [EXTREMELY URGENT] Wither Exploit

Postby Chriccy » 07 Jun 2014, 17:26

I'm personally all for this suggestion. I think it is ridicolous to have an unavoidable way to raid people. Sure it takes time to get, but not long enough compared to the amount of damage it can do to bases
I do things occasionally
Chriccy
Admin

Name:ChriccyR
Build:Moderator
Survival:Admin
FTB:Moderator
SkyBlock:Moderator

Postby marceljj » 07 Jun 2014, 17:29

Thanks,

sorry if I seem nervous but I hope this issue can be resolved before I get griefed.
marceljj
Redstone Miner

Postby dolton51 » 07 Jun 2014, 18:16

Chriccy wrote:I'm personally all for this suggestion. I think it is ridicolous to have an unavoidable way to raid people. Sure it takes time to get, but not long enough compared to the amount of damage it can do to bases

It's avoidable, Just make your base out of bedrock and end portal frames :P
My contact info:
(If you do contact me please mention that you're from here so I know)

Email: roberttompkins1997@gmail. com

Snapchat: tompytomps2168

Facebook

I'm gonna FU**ING miss this place :cry:
dolton51
Obsidian Miner

Postby Chriccy » 07 Jun 2014, 18:56

dolton51 wrote:It's avoidable, Just make your base out of bedrock and end portal frames :P

Sure I can do that :)
I do things occasionally
Chriccy
Admin

Name:ChriccyR
Build:Moderator
Survival:Admin
FTB:Moderator
SkyBlock:Moderator

Postby Reaver666 » 07 Jun 2014, 21:26

I personally just love how much this post seems to make me look like some form of villain.
of people like Reaver

I've raised the issue of Withers doing block damage in the game chat several times and had no response from staff nor other players that suggested it was illegal or an exploit, so as far as I was aware it is perfectly legal and meant to be allowed. I personally like the block damage. It prevents people making obsidian cubes and hiding in them all day like I used too. I'm pretty sure that the block damage is prevented by water also so it's not that hard to combat. In all honesty it seems the best way to get people to notice something, is to overuse it. So yes, I summoned a wither and spent ages running around trying to avoid it's blasts while looting you and I'd totally do it again :lol: :lol:
I am a wretched human being. A miserable, mean God-damn bitch. I always have been. Ciao.
Reaver666
Diamond Miner

Postby marceljj » 07 Jun 2014, 22:42

Reaver666 wrote:I personally just love how much this post seems to make me look like some form of villain.
(quote)of people like Reaver(/quote])

I've raised the issue of Withers doing block damage in the game chat several times and had no response from staff nor other players that suggested it was illegal or an exploit, so as far as I was aware it is perfectly legal and meant to be allowed. I personally like the block damage. It prevents people making obsidian cubes and hiding in them all day like I used too. I'm pretty sure that the block damage is prevented by water also so it's not that hard to combat. In all honesty it seems the best way to get people to notice something, is to overuse it. So yes, I summoned a wither and spent ages running around trying to avoid it's blasts while looting you and I'd totally do it again :lol: :lol:

Dude. It ruins the game. What motivation is there to play CityCraft if someone can just blow up your base without some proper PvP to bring down your faction power. It makes playing the game pointless because you can be the best at PvP and raids but still get raided because someone used a wither. It takes away the fun and sportsmanship.

Also, I made it so you look like the villain because I tried talking to you in chat but you just ignored me, and I don't even know what your problem is with me.

I can only hope Joe or Neil will disable Wither block damage as they did with Creepers to ensure a fun game of Survival.
marceljj
Redstone Miner

Postby Windy » 08 Jun 2014, 01:52

How long has the server been open?
Isnt this the 2nd major exploit that the same people have been involved in?

Reaver, when you raised the issue, did you pm any of the admins on the forum?
That is how I got the MCMMO dupe bug stopped. I only used it enough to confirm that it worked, and to provide evidence to the admins - I got no unfair advantage from that.

Sounds as though, and I'm sorry that I'm calling you out over this, but you seem to exploit first, then hide behind trying to bring it to peoples attention later.
I have stopped playing on the servers.
The community just isn't the same to me as when I started playing.

Slowly moving on to pastures anew.
Twitter: thewindypops

(Edited on request of a member of the staff team)
Windy
BANNED

Name:MrWindypops
FTB:Ultra

Postby pop7up » 08 Jun 2014, 04:41

Yeah at first I kinda wanted to do this but realised that it does really remove the fun of playing. It like OP tnt as (if in hard mode) can destroy obsidian.
Really Hope this does get fixed. :)
pop7up
Veteran in Build
Tier 1/Conqueror in Survival Faction: PEUR
User in Skyblock
Mechanicin FTB Monster Faction:IcySoda
~~~Pokmon Master. Ask my Friend Code when you see me in-game to fight me >:D
POSSIBLE THE ONLY OWNER OF AN ENDER DRAGON HEAD
:lol:
pop7up
Obsidian Miner

Postby Cmp » 08 Jun 2014, 05:07

Windy wrote:Sounds as though, and I'm sorry that I'm calling you out over this, but you seem to exploit first, then hide behind trying to bring it to peoples attention later.

That's exactly how it sounds to me as well. And before anyone calls BS on Windy's claims, I'll just verify that he did in fact do what he said. I recall us talking about it on Skype, and I believe he PM'd me as well.

And to be quite honest,
Reaver666 wrote:I personally just love how much this post seems to make me look like some form of villain.
So yes, I summoned a wither and spent ages running around trying to avoid it's blasts while looting you and I'd totally do it again :lol: :lol:

It may start out making you look like a villain, but it is your own words that set it in stone.
I have moved on from Minecraft. I now Administrate for a trade community in Team Fortress 2 and sell posters.
Cmp
GOD LIKE

Name:cmptrzd1592
FTB:Ultra
SkyBlock:Ultra

Build portfolio

Next

Return to Survival Chat