[EXTREMELY URGENT] Wither Exploit

All survival chat.

Re: [EXTREMELY URGENT] Wither Exploit

Postby Oady » 08 Jun 2014, 09:06

Windy wrote:Sounds as though, and I'm sorry that I'm calling you out over this, but you seem to exploit first, then hide behind trying to bring it to peoples attention later.

Tbh Reaver this sounds accurate and typical of you, please stop.

I agree with marceljj. It's like when TNT was enabled with block damage modification. Many people quit because they had no motivation to play, because however they protected their base, they would end up with a whole in the wall and empty chests.
<?php
echo("I do not know how to PHP");
?>
Oady
GOD LIKE
  
Survival:Ultra
 
Posts:1268
Joined:31 Aug 2011, 18:54

Re: [EXTREMELY URGENT] Wither Exploit

Postby Reaver666 » 08 Jun 2014, 10:37

marceljj wrote: Dude. It ruins the game. What motivation is there to play CityCraft if someone can just blow up your base without some proper PvP to bring down your faction power. It makes playing the game pointless because you can be the best at PvP and raids but still get raided because someone used a wither. It takes away the fun and sportsmanship.


Reaver wrote: I'm pretty sure that the block damage is prevented by water also so it's not that hard to combat.


Also, I made it so you look like the villain because I tried talking to you in chat but you just ignored me, and I don't even know what your problem is with me.


You're one of the 3 people on my /ignore list. I couldn't see what you were saying in order to reply, I wasn't even aware you were on that list :lol:

Windy wrote: Reaver, when you raised the issue, did you pm any of the admins on the forum?

Considering the fact I'd asked staff members in game about the block damage to which they had said it was enabled, I presumed it was meant to be allowed. I shouldn't have to PM every admin on the server to confirm what a staff member had said in game.

Sounds as though, and I'm sorry that I'm calling you out over this, but you seem to exploit first, then hide behind trying to bring it to peoples attention later.

Also @CMP

These are a list of bugs which when I found, I messaged Joe about (Yes they are now fixed). I did not exploit these bugs, I simply informed Joe of these bugs.

Diamonds can be bought, crafted into blocks and sold for a higher profit.
Stone blocks can be bought, crafted into stone bricks and sold for profit.
Stone blocks can be bought, crafted into stone slabs and sold for profit.
Stone bricks can be bought, crafted into stone brick stairs and sold for profit.
Stone bricks can be bought, crafted into stone brick slabs and sold for profit.
Cobble stone blocks can be bought, crafted into cobble slabs and sold for profit.
Cobble stone blocks can be bought, crafted into cobble walls and sold for profit.
Cobble stone blocks can be bought, crafted into furnaces and sold for a profit.
Cobble stone blocks can be bought, crafted into stairs and sold
Fire charges(Made from coal blaze powder and gunpowder which makes 3 of them) sell for 320 per
Grass sells for $100 a block
Ender pearls (easily farmed in the end) sell for $800 each, ender eyes sell for 1k each
With the fall in the price of diamonds, you can craft jukeboxes and sell for profit
Sand stone can be bought, crafted into stairs and sold for 20k profit per inventory.
Redstone can be bought, crafted into blocks and sold for profit.
Nether brick can be bought, crafted into stairs and sold for profit.
All variations of sandstone can be bought, crafted into slabs and sold for profit
Ice, Mycelium and Podzol sell for $400 each


I've also sent a message recently about the recent anvil enchantment duplication glitch I found, yet I haven't exploited that. I PM/ talk to staff about any bug to which I am unsure off. During the carrot duplication thing at the very start I informed Jake and Chriccy of it, 8 hours later the bug was still there. During this current Wither thingy I asked staff in game about it, to which they said it was enabled. In no way, shape or form did anyone tell me it was not meant to be enabled. Several times in game I talked about the idea of Wither raiding, once again there was no objection. If you wish for me to send you PM's of the messages I've sent to Joe over bugs to further confirm it, then I will.
I am a wretched human being. A miserable, mean God-damn bitch. I always have been. Ciao.
User avatar
Reaver666
Diamond Miner
  
 
Posts:230
Joined:19 Mar 2012, 19:43
Location:Not here, not anymore.

Re: [EXTREMELY URGENT] Wither Exploit

Postby Windy » 08 Jun 2014, 11:08

You dont have to prove anything to me, I was merely pointing out how it looks from the outside.

You say you do not exploit bugs or glitches but still had millions of in game currency rolled back at the time the crops were fixed.

I'll elaborate on my previous statement.

If its long and tedious you'll report it, because you can't be bothered to exploit. but the simple ones, get mentioned then exploited until fixed.

And yes, bugs should always be reported on the forum in my eyes, as if you are asking people in game, the message might not be fully understood, or even the person you are asking may not be able to do anything to fix it.
Also, if you read back over my post, at no point did I mention messaging EVERY admin, nor did I intend to suggest you go behind the back of the mod that you asked.
I have stopped playing on the servers.
The community just isn't the same to me as when I started playing.

Slowly moving on to pastures anew.
Twitter: thewindypops

(Edited on request of a member of the staff team)
User avatar
Windy
BANNED
  
Name:MrWindypops
Build:Ultra
Survival:Ultra
FTB:Ultra
 
Posts:4639
Joined:02 Jun 2011, 20:30
Location:Up Norff, England.

Re: [EXTREMELY URGENT] Wither Exploit

Postby Reaver666 » 08 Jun 2014, 11:34

Windy wrote:You dont have to prove anything to me, I was merely pointing out how it looks from the outside.


and I'm just showing how it looks from the inside. Hey, maybe now we have the outside and inside we can build a little house of opinions :O? I'm joking of course.

You say you do not exploit bugs or glitches but still had millions of in game currency rolled back at the time the crops were fixed
.

Indeed and I've already owned up to doing that carrot exploit many many many times, but just because I exploited one, doesn't mean I've exploited every bug in the game.

I'll elaborate on my previous statement.

If its long and tedious you'll report it, because you can't be bothered to exploit. but the simple ones, get mentioned then exploited until fixed.


The anvil glitch I mentioned involved around 5 clicks, most of the shop glitches simply involved buying and re-selling. Both of which are short, quick and easy yet I did not exploit them (excluding the god damn carrots xD) I don't get how spending 5 hours grinding wither skulls due to a terrible spawnrate, then running around for a further 30 minutes dodging it's attacks is simple, it's rather long, complex and ridiculously boring and if Marcel or his faction had been on-line I'd have been fighting both them and a Wither. This is what lead me to believe it was allowed. It took a lot of effort and work, and the reward didn't cover the price I could have got from just killing the wither and selling the star.

And yes, bugs should always be reported on the forum in my eyes, as if you are asking people in game, the message might not be fully understood, or even the person you are asking may not be able to do anything to fix it.


How was I to know it's a bug when a staff member didn't say it was a bug and made it seem as if it was meant to be there? If the person is unable to fix it then surely they would say 'Yes, but it's a bug' not just give full confirmation that it is allowed?

Also, if you read back over my post, at no point did I mention messaging EVERY admin, nor did I intend to suggest you go behind the back of the mod that you asked


'Every admin' was a hyperbole. I'm not trying to say to literally message every admin, I'm making the point I shouldn't have to message many other staff members in order to confirm the first staff member's response. I mean, if I cannot trust the first staff members response, why should I trust the first admin's response? I don't see why I should have to confirm what the first staff member said, after all the first staff member is indeed a staff member and surely they'd both have the same answer?
I am a wretched human being. A miserable, mean God-damn bitch. I always have been. Ciao.
User avatar
Reaver666
Diamond Miner
  
 
Posts:230
Joined:19 Mar 2012, 19:43
Location:Not here, not anymore.

Re: [EXTREMELY URGENT] Wither Exploit

Postby Windy » 08 Jun 2014, 11:38

Simply, a mod is a moderator of all servers and may not know the ins and outs of the survival server as well as an admin, who (with few exceptions) have a single server rank, the power to potentially fix any issues, and if not, more of a direct line to those who can fix things.
I have stopped playing on the servers.
The community just isn't the same to me as when I started playing.

Slowly moving on to pastures anew.
Twitter: thewindypops

(Edited on request of a member of the staff team)
User avatar
Windy
BANNED
  
Name:MrWindypops
Build:Ultra
Survival:Ultra
FTB:Ultra
 
Posts:4639
Joined:02 Jun 2011, 20:30
Location:Up Norff, England.

Re: [EXTREMELY URGENT] Wither Exploit

Postby Reaver666 » 08 Jun 2014, 11:46

Windy wrote:Simply, a mod is a moderator of all servers and may not know the ins and outs of the survival server as well as an admin, who (with few exceptions) have a single server rank, the power to potentially fix any issues, and if not, more of a direct line to those who can fix things.


Please bare in mind that at no point did I say the staff member I spoke to was a moderator. I've also seen an admin on the server confirmed that the block damage worked, but didn't say it was a bug.
I am a wretched human being. A miserable, mean God-damn bitch. I always have been. Ciao.
User avatar
Reaver666
Diamond Miner
  
 
Posts:230
Joined:19 Mar 2012, 19:43
Location:Not here, not anymore.

Re: [EXTREMELY URGENT] Wither Exploit

Postby marceljj » 08 Jun 2014, 13:10

It doesn't matter how easy or how hard it is to exploit the Wither thing, it's still unfair. I understand people may stay in their bases, but this is definitely not the way to fix that problem. Why would you think Wither block damage is OK if TNT and Creeper block damage isn't? I'm sorry that you had to spend so much time to blow up my base, but that doesn't excuse that Wither block damage is wrong and unethical. With it, you can be the owner of CC or a new player and get griefed + raided in a matter of seconds, without even having the chance to put up a fair PvP fight. I'm not accusing you of anything, but is it maybe possible you did know that Wither block damage shouldn't be done since TNT and Creeper block damage isn't and you went ahead and did it anyways? Messaging someone on the game for such a large issue isn't helpful, they can be busy or they can overlook the message. Something as big as this needs a forum post or a PM, which is what I did. I hope there are no hard feelings, but you have to agree that Wither block damage is not the way to raid.
Image
Thanks to The_Block_Master for my forum signature!
User avatar
marceljj
Redstone Miner
  
Build:Ultra
Survival:Ultra
 
Posts:67
Joined:27 Nov 2011, 17:35
Location:New Jersey, USA

Re: [EXTREMELY URGENT] Wither Exploit

Postby Reaver666 » 08 Jun 2014, 13:29

marceljj wrote:It doesn't matter how easy or how hard it is to exploit the Wither thing, it's still unfair. I understand people may stay in their bases, but this is definitely not the way to fix that problem. Why would you think Wither block damage is OK if TNT and Creeper block damage isn't? I'm sorry that you had to spend so much time to blow up my base, but that doesn't excuse that Wither block damage is wrong and unethical. With it, you can be the owner of CC or a new player and get griefed + raided in a matter of seconds, without even having the chance to put up a fair PvP fight. I'm not accusing you of anything, but is it maybe possible you did know that Wither block damage shouldn't be done since TNT and Creeper block damage isn't and you went ahead and did it anyways? Messaging someone on the game for such a large issue isn't helpful, they can be busy or they can overlook the message. Something as big as this needs a forum post or a PM, which is what I did. I hope there are no hard feelings, but you have to agree that Wither block damage is not the way to raid.


Like I've said, I asked staff in game and even saw an admin say the block damage was enabled. No one ever said it was a bug nor that it wasn't meant to be allowed. I presumed TnT and Creepers were disabled since they are easy to acquire where as a wither is quite hard. If you've ever tried to openly fight a Wither while looting something, you'll see just how hard it to do. No one is going to summon a wither to raid a new member because it just isn't worth it. It also takes a lot longer then seconds to do. It's surprisingly hard to aim where the wither shoots and not get hit yourself. No one over looked the message, I know this because they replied. My message was not complex nor hard to understand it followed the lines of 'Withers can do block damage right, so I can use them to raid right?.'

The fact of the matter is that there are very few other ways to raid. Nether portals are just prevented by traps and if the base is fireproof you've just about hit a dead end. Any faction with the smarts not to respawn after dying once easily prevents the raid and since you can't open wooden doors in enemy lands anymore you find that you're unable to raid your enemy. What other options are there that remain on this moral high ground that Wither raiding is apparently not part of?
I am a wretched human being. A miserable, mean God-damn bitch. I always have been. Ciao.
User avatar
Reaver666
Diamond Miner
  
 
Posts:230
Joined:19 Mar 2012, 19:43
Location:Not here, not anymore.

Re: [EXTREMELY URGENT] Wither Exploit

Postby Chriccy » 08 Jun 2014, 13:35

I'm gonna close this thread, as it has become nothing but personal attacks. We will be taking the suggestion into consideration
I do things occasionally
Image
User avatar
Chriccy
Admin
  
Name:ChriccyR
Build:Moderator
Survival:Admin
FTB:Moderator
SkyBlock:Moderator
 
Posts:1252
Joined:21 Apr 2011, 23:54
Location:Denmark

Previous

Return to Survival Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests
cron