Survival Economy Fix

All survival chat.

Survival Economy Fix

Postby joebladon » 31 May 2014, 13:46

There has been a problem with the survival economy from launch and some people have manage to find the places where they can make huge profits from crafting one item into another. The other day i attempted to fix this by setting the prices to be static this however made an even bigger problem and lots of you made millions from selling crops at a high price. After i made that mistake i changed back to dynamic pricing and removed lots of craftable items from the shop removing all these ways to make profit from nothing. This however did not fix the huge amount of money that has already been made, so in order to fix this and restore balance to the servers economy this is what i have come up with.

All money made from farming crops will be removed. This includes;

Code: Select all
baked_potato
bread
cactus
carrot
egg
hay_bale
melon
melon_block
melon_seeds
netherwarts
poisonous_potato
potato
pumpkin
pumpkin_pie
pumpkin_seeds
seeds
wheat

I take full responsibility for the mess up on prices and apologise greatly to all those affected by this.

Farm items are a renewable resource so eliminating this money from the economy will have no permanent negative affect, i understand that you have all spent time to collect the items but this is the best solution for this problem. The items will not be sent back to the the person that sold them.

There are currently discussions about infinite economies and player shops, this in no way affects those. We will continue to talk through those suggestions and see if they are a viable change. This fix if for the current problem.
joebladon
CityCraft Owner

Name:Joebladon
Build:Owner
Survival:Owner
FTB:Owner
SkyBlock:Owner

Re: Survival Economy Fix

Postby lindovski » 31 May 2014, 13:52

And who bought for example Hay Bales, will they be taken?

Survival : Tier 5| Build : Elite | FTB : Engenier
lindovski
Bedrock Miner

Build:Ultra
Survival:Ultra
FTB:Ultra

Postby joebladon » 31 May 2014, 14:24

Items bought from the shop will not be affected.
joebladon
CityCraft Owner

Name:Joebladon
Build:Owner
Survival:Owner
FTB:Owner
SkyBlock:Owner

Postby TemptingDestiny » 31 May 2014, 15:50

I love you right now Joe. That (with the change to dynamic prices for certain goods) has pretty much saved the the economy, and probably the reset in terms of money being valueless for the entire thing. Now we can all start working our ass off for real on equal footings.... :D.
TemptingDestiny
Coal Miner

Postby Oady » 31 May 2014, 18:02

I'll explain why this was a bad idea for some people, including me.

So I had over 3 million, and used it to buy things such as silverfish spawners and blocks. When I was buying these things, I didn't know that I would have to regain the money from the things I bought. So now I'm on negative money: overall, (adding up the money across my alts) $-798,703.48.
<?php
echo("I do not know how to PHP");
?>
Oady
GOD LIKE

Postby Windy » 31 May 2014, 18:16

Surely that would only be affecting people who used (potentially abused) the prices of crops to gain a large amount of money?
I have stopped playing on the servers.
The community just isn't the same to me as when I started playing.

Slowly moving on to pastures anew.
Twitter: thewindypops

(Edited on request of a member of the staff team)
Windy
BANNED

Name:MrWindypops
FTB:Ultra

Postby TemptingDestiny » 31 May 2014, 18:44

Oady wrote:I'll explain why this was a bad idea for some people, including me.

So I had over 3 million, and used it to buy things such as silverfish spawners and blocks. When I was buying these things, I didn't know that I would have to regain the money from the things I bought. So now I'm on negative money: overall, (adding up the money across my alts) $-798,703.48.

I'm sure if you asked nicely they'd round it up to 0 or something lol. Not sure it'll work well if you are left in that much negative and seems a bit sucky to have to work your way so far up to positive again just to use your money. :/
TemptingDestiny
Coal Miner

Postby Oady » 31 May 2014, 20:10

TemptingDestiny wrote:I'm sure if you asked nicely they'd round it up to 0 or something lol. Not sure it'll work well if you are left in that much negative and seems a bit sucky to have to work your way so far up to positive again just to use your money. :/

Yep. Not gonna happen.
<?php
echo("I do not know how to PHP");
?>
Oady
GOD LIKE

Postby thedingus » 01 Jun 2014, 00:07

Reaver is going to explode, into a ball of rage. Just lost like 8 mil or something like that xD
thedingus
GOD LIKE

Postby dolton51 » 01 Jun 2014, 02:32

thedingus wrote:Reaver is going to explode, into a ball of rage. Just lost like 8 mil or something like that xD

Reaver was fully supportive of the crop money being taken away.
Reaver666 wrote:Again you ignore the fact that I did not abuse the shop. Like I've said I'm all for the removal of the carrot money, just not the legitimate money. Yes time does matter, it's of the greatest importance and the highest valued currency imo and suggesting to waste well over a solid 24 hours of my life is indeed unfair, I haven't abused the dynamic shop therefore I save nothing because I gained it at the same rate I'd gain it now. You seem to be unable to take this in: I have not abused the dynamic shop, only the carrots which I have already said I am fine with being removed so long as it happens server wide.
My contact info:
(If you do contact me please mention that you're from here so I know)

Email: roberttompkins1997@gmail. com

Snapchat: tompytomps2168

Facebook

I'm gonna FU**ING miss this place :cry:
dolton51
Obsidian Miner

Next

Return to Survival Chat