Is Alive?

Chat for Tekkit members

Is Alive?

Postby bbradds » 27 Mar 2014, 04:07

FTB has been down for a day or 2 as far as i tell :(. whats up? i noticed survival was down too..
bbradds
Stone Miner

Name:brraaadddds
FTB:Ultra

Re: Is Alive?

Postby XxGurleenxX » 27 Mar 2014, 05:24

FTB from what I've heard has been down due to someone griefing the spawn, I will get Joe to confirm this today and as for Survival it will be down for some maintenance due to some plugins that have crashed.

I will edit this post with Joe's responses.
Ex-Build Admin / Host of Late Night CC
MOTM x6 | MOTW x21
Owner Of The Ghetto
Owner Of Omni Industries
Winner Of CityCraft Grand Build Competition
Player Of The Week - July 31st - August 8th 2012
XxGurleenxX
GOD LIKE

Build:Ultra
Survival:Ultra
SkyBlock:Moderator

Build portfolio

Postby bbradds » 27 Mar 2014, 07:00

:(. thanks for the update.
bbradds
Stone Miner

Postby Disy » 27 Mar 2014, 14:04

The server has been offline recently as someone has been abusing thaumcraft tools and has been using them to destroy most buildings which also bypassed protections through world guard and factions.
Contact Information - (Email: disycraft@gmail.com) (Skype: disymc)
Left CC (for the most part) - April 23rd 2014 | Moderator of 3 years on Build + Modded
Disy
GOD LIKE

Build portfolio

Postby bbradds » 27 Mar 2014, 20:21

Disy.. You're all blue..

So how do you deal with this? we're not gonna catch anyone with the server down, plus i wanna playz.
bbradds
Stone Miner

Postby Disy » 28 Mar 2014, 17:01

There is no way to catch the culprit in this situation, which is why modded mine craft servers can be dangerous.
It is down so that we can repair the damage done to essential areas, and block the tool that caused the damage.
I know, it is very frustrating. I am as much bothered by it as you, justice is something we as moderators really do want on our servers but in this case we cannot do anything but wait for the owner to fix up the damage done.
Left CC (for the most part) - April 23rd 2014 | Moderator of 3 years on Build + Modded
Disy
GOD LIKE

Build portfolio

Postby lindovski » 28 Mar 2014, 18:02

Disy wrote:There is no way to catch the culprit in this situation, which is why modded mine craft servers can be dangerous.
It is down so that we can repair the damage done to essential areas, and block the tool that caused the damage.
I know, it is very frustrating. I am as much bothered by it as you, justice is something we as moderators really do want on our servers but in this case we cannot do anything but wait for the owner to fix up the damage done.

Modded Servers are not dangerous with the right precautions, plugins, and with people cooperating!

*Not to offend anyone, if they did feel offended*

Survival : Tier 5| Build : Elite | FTB : Engenier
lindovski
Bedrock Miner

Postby bbradds » 28 Mar 2014, 22:05

I know Disy. Its more frustrating when you don't know whats going on. As i donator it's nice to know people are working on the problem. I think it was well worth it, as the server seems well looked after. Also there is a reason i never build near spawn.. ;)
bbradds
Stone Miner

Postby Windy » 29 Mar 2014, 00:32

Just adding my 2 cents as some one really interested in a modded cc server being brought back
I have stopped playing on the servers.
The community just isn't the same to me as when I started playing.

Slowly moving on to pastures anew.
Twitter: thewindypops

(Edited on request of a member of the staff team)
Windy
BANNED

Name:MrWindypops

Postby Disy » 31 Mar 2014, 23:09

lindovski wrote:Modded Servers are not dangerous with the right precautions, plugins, and with people cooperating!

There are no plugins built specifically for our mod pack and if there were, we would not be having these problems. Our current plugins only track vanilla blocks and some modded ones from major mods. But yes, I agree that if people cooperated we would also not have to worry about plugins and grief but that is not really realistic for a public server, unfortunately.

bbradds wrote:I know Disy. Its more frustrating when you don't know whats going on. As i donator it's nice to know people are working on the problem. I think it was well worth it, as the server seems well looked after. Also there is a reason i never build near spawn.. ;)

I know your pain, it can suck when you are on the other side of the fence from the staff and can't see over the other side. We as staff do not know everything, but we will try to keep you informed on what you need to know.

bbradds wrote:Also there is a reason i never build near spawn.. ;)

Haha, I don't either! :P
Disy
GOD LIKE

Build portfolio

Return to Tekkit Chat