How to crack a password door using a disk drive *

View/post tutorials for use on our Tekkit server

How to crack a password door using a disk drive *

Postby Patric20878 » 21 Oct 2012, 07:24

Before I show you how, know that this is why having a disk drive next to your computer is the best way to get your computer hacked. Applies irl too, you leave your computer unguarded and it's too easy for someone to insert a flash drive that autoruns a virus on it :P

On the majority of passworded computers, there is no security installed against disk boots that can override the computer startup, or worse. Here are the quick steps to crack those computers that don't have such protection and also have a disk drive next to it (or you can be sneaky and add your own)

First, insert your floppy onto your own disk drive, and in your computer, type the following:

1) cd disk
2) edit startup
3) print("Access Granted") --Or any valid command, really

This pretty much edits your disk's startup to whatever you'd like. Press Ctrl+S, then Ctrl, right arrow, and enter to save that to your disk. Then, insert your disk into the target computer's disk drive. Because disk startups have priority over computer startups, if you boot the target computer, it will run your disk's, not its own. And if it's already on, just hold Ctrl+R to forcibly reboot it.

I had maybe 30 minutes of play time with Tekkit total when I posted this, and this just goes to show how common this knowledge is. Other LUA programs could just as easily delete your startup program, or totally replace it with a program that sleep(99999999)'s your computer with program termination during runtime disabled, with password protection against disk boots. In other words, completely locks your computer up for a long time. I don't know if people store stuff on these computers, but I can't imagine having to break and replace your computer a good thing.

Moral: Don't have disk drives or any way for uninvited "guests" to place them next to your computers if you operate a password door with it. Oh and, relating to door security, have a player sized hallway leading to the door made of obsidian if on a pvp raiding server. There's more conventional ways of gaining access through an iron door, and it involves explosives :P

I might look into ways of cracking one without a disk drive and it'd probably go along the lines of code injection or something. If I figure how, I'll post another tutorial. kcya.
Last edited by Patric20878 on 19 Jun 2013, 22:55, edited 3 times in total.
Ask me any redstone questions at /warp redlab in CC Build~
Patric20878
Gold Miner

Re: How to crack a password door using a disk drive

Postby hobby boy » 21 Oct 2012, 07:40

Most of the password doors on Tekkit don't even have Disk drives next to them. so its not even possible to insert a "rogue" disk into them, to gain access. The computers don't even have anything on as they're just for door security.
Veteran on Build
Tier 4 on Survival | Faction: TheCreed
Moderator on FTB

Join me in #CC on EsperNet!
hobby boy

Name:Hobby_boy
Build:Moderator
Survival:Moderator
FTB:Moderator
SkyBlock:Moderator

Re: How to crack a passworded computer using a disk drive

Postby Patric20878 » 21 Oct 2012, 07:46

And from what I've seen, many areas aren't permed, so you kinda just add your own disk drive, lol.

This is just a basic tutorial that follows the same logic of why you should have CD/flash drive autorun disabled on your real life computer, even if you don't let anyone use it. Sooner or later, someone's going to and plenty already have added disk drive(s) for whatever reason next to their computers, and then sooner or later all those computers are gonna get virus'd. :P

Oh, and did I mention the major vulnerabilities of programs to disk drives within factions? Seeing how many people use the same password wherever they go, one could hack their computer in tekkit, and then proceed to access their email account too. Sounds ridiculous, but this kind of stuff happens all the time.

And, title changed to passworded computer from passworded door.
Ask me any redstone questions at /warp redlab in CC Build~
Patric20878
Gold Miner

Re: How to crack a password door using a disk drive

Postby VVWTYZ » 10 Jan 2013, 11:10

Well, there will probally be a few more 'guests' on tekkit now.
This shows how a well built computer can save your house and base.
Linux wrote:I can fulfill your deepest darkest dreams

vvwtyz wrote:Are you from Rule 34 Linux?

Ah the wonders of build chat.
Happy Happy. Joy Joy.
VVWTYZ
Gold Miner

Build:Ultra

Return to Tekkit Tutorials