Skyblock bridge was done after an agreement btwn neighbors

Chat for SkyBlock members.

Skyblock bridge was done after an agreement btwn neighbors

Postby Fris501 » 13 Feb 2014, 18:56

If it matters.

You locked the post too soon. I didn't build the bridge with ill intent, and my neighbor agreed that it would be a cool thing to do. If it were a Joe-prohibited behavior I wouldn't have tried it. I figured since it was done at the dev level and everyone seemed to love the ability to bridge between islands last time, I would show a way to bridge at least a little bit.
Fris501
Diamond Miner

Survival:Ultra
SkyBlock:Ultra

Re: Skyblock bridge was done after an agreement btwn neighbo

Postby Jake » 13 Feb 2014, 19:16

Fris501 wrote:If it matters.

You locked the post too soon. I didn't build the bridge with ill intent, and my neighbor agreed that it would be a cool thing to do. If it were a Joe-prohibited behavior I wouldn't have tried it. I figured since it was done at the dev level and everyone seemed to love the ability to bridge between islands last time, I would show a way to bridge at least a little bit.

I never said that you were doing it with malicious intent. I didn't lock it too soon, I closed that thread as there was little reason to keep it open. Indeed, everyone liked to be able to build bridge between islands, however there are other ways to travel between islands. Bypassing the protection system to "build" where you shouldn't be able to, is not one of them.

This has never been engaged by Joe, therefore there is no way that you can claim it not to be "Joe-prohibited" until he himself says otherwise. Sure, he may well allow this, but until then, bypassing the protection system isn't the way to go about checking.

I'll leave this open, but should an argument develop, I'll be closing this one too. Joe can approve your method in due course if he believes it worthy.
Jake
Admin

Name:Jakelb_
Build:Admin
Survival:Admin
FTB:Moderator
SkyBlock:Moderator

Build portfolio

Postby Windy » 13 Feb 2014, 19:56

For what its worth, it requires both islands to make the structure to be able to make the bridge.
It would need both players to agree to this. the only downside is that it needs an admin to reset it. though admins aren't uncontactable...
I have stopped playing on the servers.
The community just isn't the same to me as when I started playing.

Slowly moving on to pastures anew.
Twitter: thewindypops

(Edited on request of a member of the staff team)
Windy
BANNED

Name:MrWindypops
Build:Ultra
Survival:Ultra
FTB:Ultra

Postby breatheasy » 16 Feb 2014, 17:39

Windy wrote:For what its worth, it requires both islands to make the structure to be able to make the bridge.

Not necessarily, the cobble gen can push 11 blocks I think..the gap between islands is 10 blocks. If someone built right to the edge of their protection(people commonly do) it would only need one person to make the bridge.
breatheasy
Bedrock Miner

Build:Ultra
SkyBlock:Ultra

Build portfolio

Postby Jake » 16 Feb 2014, 17:44

breatheasy wrote:Not necessarily, the cobble gen can push 11 blocks I think..the gap between islands is 10 blocks. If someone built right to the edge of their protection(people commonly do) it would only need one person to make the bridge.

Indeed, which is why I am against this until Joe's approved it. I've seen many examples where you could quite easily reach the next island with this method, and that opens the opportunities for griefing. Sure, you could argue that it stimulates the old design, that allowed people to build bridges and that so many people enjoyed. But to bypass the protection system to do this, shouldn't be attempted until Joe specifically says otherwise.
Jake
Admin

Name:Jakelb_
Build:Admin
Survival:Admin
FTB:Moderator
SkyBlock:Moderator

Build portfolio

Return to SkyBlock Chat