Enderman Issue

Chat for SkyBlock members.

Enderman Issue

Postby lufc mike » 08 Feb 2014, 21:05

Hey me and stiv have an island that is constantly swarmed by Endermen! Endermen are spawning on the nearby dark islands and tp'ing to ours. This is very frustrating. We have spammed torches on our island, but it's not enough. They keep on coming back and they keep on stealing our blocks. Especially dirt. Which we need. It's frustrating :x And even though I understand that it's supposed to be challenging with mobs and stuff, but this is too much, and we can do nothing about it . Please help. Thanks :D
It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me -Bruce Wayne
Build: Donator +
Survival: Member
Skyblock: User
FTB: User
lufc mike
Coal Miner

Name:minecraftererin
Build:Ultra

Re: Enderman Issue

Postby Neil » 08 Feb 2014, 21:24

Endermen can only teleport 32 blocks so it seems unlikely they're actually coming from someone elses island (there's a 10 block gap between islands and both you and the other island would have to have built to within 10 blocks of the edge).

Endermen spawn in light level of less than 7 though which is still fairly light so even though you said you have a lot of torches, it sounds like you have at least one spot that's less than 7 light. You can check your light level by pressing F3 and I believe it's represented by bw on that screen (someone correct me if I'm wrong, can't check right now).

Sorry this isn't much help!
"Have you tried turning it off and on again?"
Neil
Manic Miner

Name:__Neil__
Build:Admin
Survival:Admin
FTB:Admin
SkyBlock:Admin

Postby FizzyJuice152 » 08 Feb 2014, 21:44

To add on to what Neil said, if you have a mob spawner on your island that has 3 block tall spawning spaces, the endermen could possible be spawning there. Also, if you have any buildings, make sure to light up the roofs. As you said, you have spammed torches everywhere, yet nothing. But maybe you have missed a couple spots.
Neil has listed one of the most logical reasons, but this could also be why you have endermen.
FizzyJuice152
Obsidian Miner

Build:Ultra
SkyBlock:Ultra

Build portfolio

Postby CraftyMark » 09 Feb 2014, 02:09

I have the same problem, they take dirt and water flows everywhere. normally the enderman sticks around with the block in there arms so just kill it and you normally get the block back :D
My accounts and stuff.

Xbox Live: iZywy

Steam: _MrPlatypus or MrPlatypus
CraftyMark
Iron Miner

Name:craftymark4

Postby Neil » 09 Feb 2014, 20:25

I've since checked out minecraftererin's island can confirm it's light level as there's a lot of places where light is 6/7 (and Enderman spawn in 7 or less)
"Have you tried turning it off and on again?"
Neil
Manic Miner

Name:__Neil__
Build:Admin
Survival:Admin
FTB:Admin
SkyBlock:Admin

Return to SkyBlock Chat