Anyone still use forums?

General Chat between Members.
Forum rules No sharing copyrighted material.

Re: Anyone still use forums?

Postby SUPERSLAYER44 » 04 Dec 2015, 23:12

Yea I'm bored as hell and literally haven't touched PC Minecraft since the day CC shut down. I never bothered trying to find a new server, I knew it would be fruitless. This place was like a home to me, I would spend all day at school every day just obsessing about what I was going to do when I got home. God I miss it... But it was probably for the best honestly, my social life has been fantastic ever since I stopped playing MC and drifted away from Xbox, every weekend I was literally spend every day, all day, from 10 am to midnight, playing CC and I never hung out with friends.

It was not a coincidence that in the ~3 years I played CC I never had a girlfriend lol.
Elite
Challenger
SkyLord
Engineer
Member of the Welcoming Committee
POTW April 15-21, 2013
Winner of 3rd CC Build Competition

SUPERSLAYER44
Bedrock Miner

Build:Ultra
FTB:Ultra
SkyBlock:Ultra

Build portfolio

Postby pilotfur » 06 Dec 2015, 05:32

I still check here every once and a while to see if people are still here, and it's good to see that there are quite a few semi-active users on the forum.

I have wondered If someone were to donate towards the server now, if Joe would consider reopening it.
It's not rocket science, oh wait... <--- Every NASA meeting ever.
pilotfur
Coal Miner

Postby TJM66 » 06 Dec 2015, 07:54

pilotfur wrote:I have wondered if someone were to donate towards the server now, if Joe would consider reopening it.

While a single donation may restart the server, we would need a lot more to keep it online. Servers charge monthly fees, and with lack of money, it would be difficult to maintain it, without Joe running the server out of his own pocket.

Hope that makes sense, but sadly, I don't think it would be possible for CityCraft to be reopened.
Good luck with your future, and thanks for making this community amazing!

Citycraft Moderator since 28/08/2014
PM me if you need help! Image
TJM66

Build:Moderator
Survival:Moderator
FTB:Moderator
SkyBlock:Moderator

Build portfolio

Postby savvy22 » 07 Dec 2015, 12:50

Ah, I miss this place.. I'm still around though, there's only one server I still play - [removed]. I hope everyone is doing well, and merry christmas guys. I still miss this place.
You have proof now. I'm the greatest.

Noone can ever call me nublet again.

Proud owner of Indignity.
savvy22
Diamond Miner

Postby flaming_ducky » 08 Dec 2015, 02:23

Hi savvy Um you might wanna take out the IP part Joe doesnt really like to have that on here at least thats what I heard lol but ya Hi

-- 07 Dec 2015, 22:23 --

Hi savvy Um you might wanna take out the IP part Joe doesnt really like to have that on here at least thats what I heard lol but ya Hi
Build Server---Donator+
Survival Server---Tier 3
Survival Faction---Fusion
flaming_ducky
Iron Miner

Survival:Ultra

Postby XxGurleenxX » 08 Dec 2015, 19:44

pilotfur wrote:I have wondered If someone were to donate towards the server now, if Joe would consider reopening it.

flaming_ducky wrote:Hi savvy Um you might wanna take out the IP part Joe doesnt really like to have that on here at least thats what I heard lol but ya Hi

Not to burst anyone's bubbles but let's be real here, CC is never gonna open again.

Joe has left CC for good and honestly doesn't even care at this point, the last time he visited the forums was literally 1 year ago. I'm sure you could paste billions upon billions of IP's here and Joe wouldn't even flinch, only the really dedicated Mods or Admins (not many of those left here either, and I don't blame them tbh) might do something about removing them, but does it really matter anymore if someone posts an IP on a forum that has already been left for dead?

If anything finding or starting a server that is open now that could possibly bring in more old CC players by posting the IP in a global CC forum post, is much better than hiding it around in PM's where most people will never know about it.

I mean Jhwx has offered to open his server to all the old CC players but due to restricted IP control on the forums after the server has already died he hasn't gotten a lot of luck bringing anyone together. (His server is still open btw)

-----TL;DR -----
(What's wrong with posting IP's on the forum diverting traffic from an already dead server to an actual open working server?)
Ex-Build Admin / Host of Late Night CC
MOTM x6 | MOTW x21
Owner Of The Ghetto
Owner Of Omni Industries
Winner Of CityCraft Grand Build Competition
Player Of The Week - July 31st - August 8th 2012
XxGurleenxX
GOD LIKE

FTB:Ultra

Build portfolio

Postby evanlikeaboss » 09 Dec 2015, 04:54

No offense to Joe or anyone that still cares about enforcing the rules, but Gurleen is right. For the past few months I've been playing on [removed], a server with multiple gamemodes and player counts of around 1000 people at peak times. It's not at all like CityCraft, but it's still a fun server nonetheless.

The ip is [removed] if you're interested. If you do decide to join make sure to message me or something, my ign now is Evan__.
evanlikeaboss

Build:TrialMod

Postby TJM66 » 09 Dec 2015, 09:11

While it may not be abiding by the rules, I agree with the above. It has come to a point where CityCraft won't be coming back, and it wouldn't make too much of a difference whether we advertise or not. When the servers were online, advertising was frowned upon because it would divert people from CityCraft to somewhere else. Since closure, that rule is basically obsolete, and there should be no problem with passing a few IPs around.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to start a topic purely to add the IPs of servers us members play. It could mean that visitors can look in one place, rather then having a bit here and a bit there.

I hope I'm not repeating myself with the above posts, but that is my opinion for this predicament. :)
Good luck with your future, and thanks for making this community amazing!

Citycraft Moderator since 28/08/2014
PM me if you need help! Image
TJM66

Build:Moderator

Build portfolio

Postby flaming_ducky » 11 Dec 2015, 01:32

Hi..... so ya thats all I gotta say.
Build Server---Donator+
Survival Server---Tier 3
Survival Faction---Fusion
flaming_ducky
Iron Miner

Postby altomem » 12 Dec 2015, 21:55

I agree with all of the above as it wouldn't make any difference at this point. Anyway Merry Christmas everyone.
Life is a short, warm moment
And death is a long cold rest.
You get your chance to try
In the twinkling of an eye:
Eighty years, with luck, or even less.

- Pink Floyd
altomem
Redstone Miner

SkyBlock:Ultra

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat