Citycraft? I need your help! Help get new players!

General Chat between Members.
Forum rules No sharing copyrighted material.

Citycraft? I need your help! Help get new players!

Postby joebladon » 14 Jul 2013, 16:53

Right, well it has come to my attention that there are little people on the server at certain times of the day, so if you're interested in being apart of the great plan of drawing people into the server, follow this!

o Voting

The more votes the server gets, the higher its place becomes in the voting sites. You may think to yourself, "Oh, well, who even looks at these voting sites for servers?" You are not even 0.1% of the minecraft community, just imagine how many people do. If you vote more, the server will become more recognized and more players will join. Too much effort to find the links? Never fear!

Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

o Video Advertising

DO NOT GET THIS MISTAKEN WITH GOING ONTO OTHER PEOPLES SERVERS AND ADVERTISING! IF YOU'RE CAUGHT AND WE'RE TOLD, WE WILL TAKE ACTION

Make youtube videos! This is a great way of an actual ingame sight of the awesome server we run here, and look! I've prepared a template for you!
Code: Select all
Citycraft Forums: Forums.citycraft.co.uk
Citycraft Build Server: Build.citycraft.co.uk
Citycraft Survival Server: Survival.citycraft.co.uk
CityCraft Skyblock Server: Skyblock.citycraft.co.uk
CityCraft FTB Server: Servers.citycraft.co.uk:1339
CityCraft CraftZ Server: Craftpocalypse.com
TS3 Server: Servers.citycraft.co.uk

o Helping New Players

If new players join, why don't you try find some items you aren't using? You'll not believe how much it means for a new guy to know that they aren't just sport for the other players. Killing new players drives them away from the server, why pick on new players? If you want more pvp, you'll obviously need players, right? If they're in the wrong? Tell them they are, if someone mentions another server name? Just say to them "Look, you can get banned for that, please don't do it again", It's easy to tell a genuine player from a troll.

o Build Projects

I know on Citycraft, We have great builders. Why not show everyone how great you are? Upload these to places such as planetminecraft. Make sure you use the template as well, show everyone the great server with your great builds!

o Nice Comments

I have already made a past post about this, I strongly suggest you take a look at it!
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=46034

A lot of new players join everyday, but they leave. So please please please guys, being the great community I know you are!

Thank you for reading, Greatly appreciated!
- Joe
joebladon
CityCraft Owner

Name:Joebladon
Build:Owner
Survival:Owner
FTB:Owner
SkyBlock:Owner

Re: Citycraft? I need your help! Help get new players!

Postby Vivian707 » 14 Jul 2013, 16:58

I know I'm not staff, but I'd just like to add something for Survival users:
Don't be a jerk to new users.
Other than lag that is probably the #1 reason people will leave the server permanently, so just be nicer. Just because it's a survival server doesn't mean you have to be hostile or rude.
I own Inglorious. Do you own Inglorious?
#1ofus
ALL GAIL BEARJEW
Vivian707
Diamond Miner

Build:Ultra
Survival:Ultra

Postby NDH97 » 14 Jul 2013, 17:04

Vivian707 wrote:I know I'm not staff, but I'd just like to add something for Survival users:
Don't be a jerk to new users.
Other than lag that is probably the #1 reason people will leave the server permanently, so just be nicer. Just because it's a survival server doesn't mean you have to be hostile or rude.

To add raiding new guys makes u a scrub
Masyaf & SCORPIA
NDH97
GOD LIKE

Survival:BANNED
FTB:Ultra

Postby burgy » 14 Jul 2013, 17:13

Mani wrote:Image

o Voting

The more votes the server gets, the higher its place becomes in the voting sites. You may think to yourself, "Oh, well, who even looks at these voting sites for servers?" You are not even 0.1% of the minecraft community, just imagine how many people do. If you vote more, the server will become more recognized and more players will join.

o Video Advertising

DO NOT GET THIS MISTAKEN WITH GOING ONTO OTHER PEOPLES SERVERS AND ADVERTISING! IF YOU'RE CAUGHT AND WE'RE TOLD, WE WILL TAKE ACTION

Make youtube videos! This is a great way of an actual ingame sight of the awesome server we run here, and look! I've prepared a template for you!
Code: Select all
Citycraft Forums: forums.citycraft.co.uk
Citycraft Survival Server: survival.citycraft.co.uk
Citycraft Build Server: build.citycraft.co.uk
TS3 Server: servers.citycraft.co.uk

o Helping New Players

If new players join, why don't you try find some items you aren't using? You'll not believe how much it means for a new guy to know that they aren't just sport for the other players. Killing new players drives them away from the server, why pick on new players? If you want more pvp, you'll obviously need players, right?

o Build Projects

I know on Citycraft, We have great builders. Why not show everyone how great you are? Upload these to places such as planetminecraft. Make sure you use the template as well, show everyone the great server with your great builds!

I agree. Yesterday I saw a lot of new players come.. and then go. The few that stayed were raided by claypuffington. Which was appauling. All they had was the slightest bit of iron and some coal ianUK and Piersjewell gave them to help them setup. What's the point of playing a game if it's not fair. So next time you see someone who has just joined the server. Maybe leave them to it or even give them that little bit of coal/iron/unused stuff to help them :D .

Voting also gives you tokens. Tokens are your friend! :D

So I must say yes to this idea mani :D
scam and noobness
burgy
Redstone Miner

Name:oburgy

Postby Oady » 14 Jul 2013, 17:25

I'm thinking maybe I should tp to newbies who are being raided so that I can kill the raiders... :D
<?php
echo("I do not know how to PHP");
?>
Oady
GOD LIKE

Postby Mani » 14 Jul 2013, 17:29

Oady wrote:I'm thinking maybe I should tp to newbies who are being raided so that I can kill the raiders... :D

You did that for me once :lol:
No
Mani
BANNED

Postby LotusElise2012 » 14 Jul 2013, 23:15

MANI!

Perfect timing for a post like this. You have no clue what I have been planning to do for the community. I have already stocked up materials for it and everything. I have been trying to work up to it for so long, but something keeps getting in my way every time. As soon as the Survival server lag is dealt with I can get back to buisness. I cannot wait to help the community and I hope you know it! See you soon Emperor...

BTW

I like your new icon for your profile. :D
-LotusElise2012

It would appear that this is goodbye. I have had TONS of really fun times with you all. I want to thank each one of you for pouring an interest of Minecraft into me. CityCraft had the best community that I ever found.

Thanks for the memories! :)
LotusElise2012
Diamond Miner

SkyBlock:Ultra

Postby Demcmd » 15 Jul 2013, 18:34

I made this a while ago. It seemed to have a lot of views.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSLDNfVhoWI

I need to make a new tutorial on my new channel.... :c
'So long as the memory of certain beloved friends lives in my heart, I shall say that life is good' - Helen Keller
Thanks for the memories, CityCraft!
Demcmd
GOD LIKE

Name:demcmd

Postby porky110 » 17 Jul 2013, 16:57

I suggest bumping the PMC post.
Joe (or whoever owns the citycraft PMC account) can go to submissions - click on the server - update server - bump post. It puts it at the top of the "Recently updated" category of servers.
Elite on Build | Tier2 on Survival | Engineer on FTB | SkyLord on SkyBlock
Survival faction: Admin of Atlantis
Main account of porky11O

porky110
Obsidian Miner

SkyBlock:Ultra

Build portfolio

Postby Mani » 19 Jul 2013, 18:12

Bumping this via Post. I want you guys to get into the way of doing this until we can get a good amount of new guys on the servers! I see too much of trying to get ways of old players to return, why? Why not try get newer players? ;)
No
Mani
BANNED

Next

Return to General Chat