Geeky's Forum Code Help! *LONG*

General Chat between Members.
Forum rules No sharing copyrighted material.

Geeky's Forum Code Help! *LONG*

Postby GeekyGamer01 » 01 Feb 2012, 19:43

NOTE: This works the same way for signatures

Hi, I'm Geeky, and today I will tell you about Forum Post Codes (BBCodes)! BBCodes are used in forums to make something in your post happen, like making text italic, bold etc.
(In this post I will be using { instead of [. Replace { with [, and } with ] when using BBCode)

Here is a list and some examples:
To use a BBCode, type "{(The BBCode)} and to close it use {/(BBCode)}"

B - Makes your text Bold - Example: {b}This text would appear Bold!{/b}
This text would appear Bold!

i - Makes your text Italic - Example: {i}This text would appear Italic!{/i}
This text would appear Italic!

u - Underlines your text - Example: {u}This text would appear Underlined!{/u}
This text would appear Underlined!

Quote - I HIGHLY recommend using {quote} by using the quote button to the right of peoples post's, It makes the process alot easier. The {quote} BBCode lets you quote what other people have said
Example:
Geeky wrote:This is what it would look like when you have used the {quote} code.

After that, respond to their post by typing underneath their post, it would appear like this has.

Code - Used for JavaScript and a few other coding programs, I would recommend leaving this one unless you know what you are doing

Img - Used for adding pictures to your post, like in Report Users, Rate my Build etc. Find out how to add photos to the forum here.

URL - Used for URL Hyperlinking, If I were to link the CityCraft Website, you would click on the blue writing on CityCraft Website. Example: {URL=(The URL)}(Text to display to link to the URL){/URL}

Size (Normal Drop-down list) - Change the size of your text, Example: {size=(The font size)}The text to display as the selected size{/size}
This has been enlarged to size 150

Font Colour - Change the colour of your text. Click Font Colour, then select your colour, you will get something like this: {color=#0000FF}{/color}. Put your coloured text in between the {color} tags Example: {color=#0000FF}This text would appear blue!{/color}
This text would appear blue!

They are the main codes used in the CityCraft forum posts, for a full list click here.

You may also use 2 or more BBCodes in 1 sentance like this: This text will appear blue, underlined AND bold!.

-Geeky
Fin.
GeekyGamer01
GOD LIKE

Build:Ultra
Survival:Ultra
FTB:Ultra

Re: Geeky's Forum Code Help! *LONG*

Postby cyanii » 02 Feb 2012, 06:50

Nice!! :D hopefully gets stickied :P
cyanii
GOD LIKE

Name:_Cyanii_

Postby Cmp » 03 Feb 2012, 04:06

This is great, Geeky, really useful and easy to understand. I'm about to sticky this. Even though I've been here for a while, I will use this for a refresher every day :) Thank you very much.
I have moved on from Minecraft. I now Administrate for a trade community in Team Fortress 2 and sell posters.
Cmp
GOD LIKE

Name:cmptrzd1592
SkyBlock:Ultra

Build portfolio

Postby Kieran » 04 Feb 2012, 23:25

Geeky! Didn't know you were a coding expert! :D

Good work!
Kieran