Crypt Of The Forsaken - [Dungeon Guide]

View/post tutorials for use on our Survival server

Crypt Of The Forsaken - [Dungeon Guide]

Postby joebladon » 18 Oct 2012, 20:06

Crypt Of The Forsaken

COTF is the newest dungeon on CityCraft Survival, this guide should give you enough info on how to complete each room and defeat the boss room.

This dungeon has been weeks in the making and is a much higher level of difficulty than "Thrakkon Halls" the other CityCraft dungeon.

Both of the dungeons can be found by using the teleport signs at spawn. They are in the same room as the nether and end portal.

Room 1:

This room is a maze mixed with a jumping puzzle, the room is made up of tall pillars with a 2 block gap between them. This means you have to sprint-jump between each one. You will find, as you are going from pillar to pillar, some of the sides are blocked with iron bars creating a maze.
Some of the pillars cause skeletons to spawn on the pillars around you when you get to them. You must fight off the skeletons to be able to keep jumping. You need to be careful when in range of a skeleton as their arrows can knock you off the pillars! If this happens then you will fall down to the void and die. Once this has happened you must restart the room and any gear you had on you is lost.

HINT: Travel as a pack, this will spawn less skeletons for you to deal with.

Room 2:

This room has its walls lined with buttons. In the image you can see 3 red wool blocks above the exit gate. These turn green when each of the correct buttons have been pressed.
The room is split into 3 sections, left, right and center. There is one of the correct buttons in each section.
Pressing an incorrect button will cause a wave of zombies to spawn and the occasional skeleton. Find all 3 correct buttons to get through the gate.

HINT: Don't spam the buttons or it will create an overwhelming wave of zombies.

Room 3:

This room is one of the most challenging of the dungeon. It is purely a jumping puzzle. You can see in the image that there are 2x2 blocks of ice. You must jump between these to reach checkpoints. However these ice blocks aren't static, they will flicker on and off in a timed sequence. Along the tunnel you will find solid 2x2 areas which i call checkpoints. When you reach a checkpoint you can stop and start timing your jumps in the next section.
You are able to climb back up in all parts of this room and the fall gives no damage.

HINT: Speed pots give you a large advantage in this room.

Room 4:

The next part of the dungeon split into 3 tunnels with tombs at the end of each. You can see an example of a tomb in the image above. Pushing the button in a tomb will trigger an event. You will be sealed in and have to complete the room's challenge to be released. Completing all 3 tombs will unlock the next gate.

HINT: Stay as a group, getting left behind will mean you are locked out of the tomb when the event starts.

Room 5:

When you enter this room you will be able to cross the first bridge. You then need to get across the jumping puzzle on each side to toggle on the next bridge. Doing this will remove the 1st bridge. You need to complete this 2 more times to complete the room but beware, there is another danger in this room after the 2nd bridge.

HINT: Be fast or you will have to restart the room.

BOSS Room:

You can see in the image that there are 4 red crosses. Standing on one will turn it green. Have all 4 activated to start the room timer. 60 seconds with all 4 activated will open the final gate and allow you to collect your prize.
But of course it's not as easy as just standing there. You will be presented with a great challenge to stay on your cross and complete the room.

HINT: If you step off the cross you will reset the room timer.

UPDATES:

1.0 Release
1.1 1st Room Made easier, skeleton spawn rate lowered.
1.2 Room 5 timer lowered. You must complete the room faster.
1.3 BOSS Room Nerf. Silverfish damage halved. Effect strength lowered and dodge chance for each affect raised significantly.
Last edited by NDH97 on 24 Oct 2013, 14:55, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Unstickied whilst dungeon isn't around //NDH
joebladon
CityCraft Owner

Name:Joebladon
Build:Owner
Survival:Owner
FTB:Owner
SkyBlock:Owner

Re: Crypt Of The Forsaken - [Dungeon Guide]

Postby Frinni » 20 Oct 2012, 22:22

1st
Frinni
<3

Build:<3
Survival:<3
FTB:<3
SkyBlock:<3

Postby goldmcmuffin » 20 Oct 2012, 22:25

Me and gigabyte wanted to make a guide to COTF ! but this looks like my ticket to completion success, good work joe! thankyou!
goldmcmuffin
Bedrock Miner

Build portfolio

Postby the_block_master » 21 Oct 2012, 20:51

I really like the whole dungeon, except the difficulty of the Boss room. I'm not too fussed about the effects of the mobs, but the number of them is ridiculous. Over 20 silverfish giving you a variety of negative effects spawn every 10 seconds-ish. In our case, this lead to one person spamming nocheat because of how many time he was being hit and was kicked while fighting them. I don't blame the mod because he was doing was he's supposed to do, but I don't see how we can complete it if something like this happens.

As well as this we didn't go in unprepared; 7 people went into the dungeon, all in either Prot III or IV and only 3 people lived at the end, meaning that we didn't have enough people to complete it.

I don't really mind whether something is fixed with NC or the number of mobs is reduced, but I think something could be changed to make it remotely possible.

I'd just like to stress once more that I really do enjoy the dungeon and am thankful for all the time spent creating it.
Last edited by the_block_master on 21 Oct 2012, 21:37, edited 1 time in total.
the_block_master
Gold Miner

Postby MrIYIinecraft » 21 Oct 2012, 20:55

I agree a bit with Block but I think one of too things should be done to notch it down from Impossible to Difficult

1. Theres no void and a way to get back up or...
2. Remove blindness and nausea from the silverfish.

Since you are blinded and naseuated right above the void its is virtually imposible to complete it. Plus there are so many mobs spawning at once its just insane. Imo, the dungeon needs nerfing a bit.

Also, I love the dungeon and its quite the challenge compared to thrakkon. It really is fun to do until the boss room.
Last edited by MrIYIinecraft on 21 Oct 2012, 23:06, edited 1 time in total.
In combat we should not only fear those of strength but also the masterminds behind the strategy.

Build: Donator
Survival: Tier 4
Owner of Anarchy faction
MrIYIinecraft
Iron Miner

Name:Nick_Amazing

Postby iXDiizZYXi » 21 Oct 2012, 21:34

the_block_master wrote:I really like the whole dungeon, except the difficulty of the Boss room. I'm not too fussed about the effects of the mobs, but the number of them is ridiculous. Over 20 silverfish giving you a variety of negative effects spawn every 10 seconds-ish. In our case, this lead to one person spamming nocheat because of how many time he was being hit and was kicked while fighting them. I don't blame the mod because he was doing was he's supposed to do, but I don't see how we can complete it if something like this happens.

As well as this we didn't go in unprepared; 7 people went into the dungeon, all in either Prot III or IV and only 3 people lived at the end, meaning that we didn't have enough people to complete it.

I don't really mind whether something is fixed with NC or the number of mobs is reduced, but I think something could be changed to make it remotely possible.
i also agree with block we all ran in there with a plan set out on how we were going to do it and as soon as we stood on the plates we instantly started lagging and pretty much all of us died within 20 seconds. maybe it could be made slightly easier because I cannot see how it is possible. I had been trying to complete the dungeon pretty much all weekend and when I finally got to the boss room to be annihilated completely was slightly frustrating but apart from that the rest of the dungeon was brilliantly designed. Ps i dont even know what killed me.
Pac99man Is my alt :P
iXDiizZYXi
Stone Miner

Postby Oady » 22 Oct 2012, 16:21

I was there as well and also think it's impossible to complete

Even if it was completed the prize isn't worth it because it costs a lot more than 10k for armor repairs
<?php
echo("I do not know how to PHP");
?>
Oady
GOD LIKE

Survival:Ultra

Postby joebladon » 26 Oct 2012, 21:38

UPDATE: 1.3 BOSS Room Nerf. Silverfish damage halved. Effect strength lowered and dodge chance for each affect raised significantly.
joebladon
CityCraft Owner

Name:Joebladon
Build:Owner
Survival:Owner
FTB:Owner
SkyBlock:Owner

Postby voodoo » 20 Jan 2013, 19:13

What is the reward for completion
Owner of Tier 5
Owner of Tier 4
Owner of Tier 2
Build Veteran
GOD MODE = ON
Joined CityCraft 5th September 2011
Been here since the start.
voodoo
Bedrock Miner

Name:voodoo_majinxz
Survival:Ultra

Postby Mazza2372 » 28 Apr 2013, 11:53

Boss Room nerfed?! It took us like half an hour anyway, I can't i gone what it would've been like before
Proud Moderator of Inferno
First Person to Complete COTF
#TeamManiIsBrony - First Team to Win RttW
Team Victrix - Winners of RttE September 2013
F33D-51MB4-N0DU5 - Second RttW Champions December 2013
I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I'M DOING
Mazza2372
Bedrock Miner

Build:BANNED
FTB:BANNED
SkyBlock:BANNED

Next