Complete Guide to Starting on CC Build!

View or post tutorials for use on our Build server

Complete Guide to Starting on CC Build!

Postby BuildBecky » 10 Feb 2014, 20:22

I have noticed an increasing amount of new people asking for help when getting started so I thought I would post a tutorial with everything you need to know!

Starting off:
When you join Build, you will most likely be wanting to find somewhere to Build. You have three main options:
- Spawn Plot. These are official server plots that you may obtain by doing a /modreq. Eg: /modreq Please may I have a plot?
These will be given to you by a Moderator and they tend to be the same/similar in size.
- Wild plot. You can get anyone on the server, Trusted rank or higher. alternatively, you could get Member by doing /member and following the tutorial and then you will have sufficient permissions to warp there yourself. I will tell you more about member later. :) You walk away from the wild spawn and find a nice piece of land that you would like. Then do a /modreq to get it protected and possibly a warp set there. Make sure you do /sethome or you will have trouble finding it again if you go to the shops. For the modreq, do something like: /modreq Please could I have this plot of land protected? Then you can build freely without fear of being griefed. If you do get griefed however, do a /modreq to get it fixed.
- Players town Plot. Many people like this option as you can join another players town and get a plot which, in some towns, can be as big as you like. To do this, ask something in the chat like: "Anyone got a town I could join?" Then if any players have a town you can join their little community.

Getting Member:
It is highly advisable to get member once you join. You get perks (and it is free!) like the ability to warp, and /seen. You also get a yellow name and a [Member] prefix. To get member, do /member and follow the tutorial http://forum.citycraft.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32965. Also, once you get member, this opens up a whole load of other opportunities for free ranks. Like [Trusted] rank and [Veteran] rank which are both free! Trusted requires 10 days on the forums, 10 posts in the legible sections, and 30 votes. Veteran is a lot harder to acquire and also requires 100 days on forums so... Anyway. I think all the members on the server will agree that it is worth the time to get.

Gathering Materials and Voting:
It is often hard to start off. Having to warp back and forth to get materials. But there is a simpler solution. First make sure you have some basic warp signs at your plot. Then, do /vote and get free money! Money can be used to buy materials, so if you are default rank, get clicking that [Warp] Shop sign and get spending! These materials can be hard to come buy from the wild so if you do a few simple clicks to get money (Do /vote for the link), you get free money! Once you vote 6 times in 24 hours you get a temporary [V] prefix added to your current prefix. That only lasts for 24 hours so make sure you vote frequently!

Note on ModReq's: Mods are busy you know, so if you send a ModReq, don't keep pestering asking if yours is next in line, because when yours comes to the front of the queue, you will be served.

If you want anything else added to this tutorial, let me know!

Here and happy to help.
~Becky
Global Moderator
Holiday Corner Committee Captain
BuildBecky

Name:buildbecky
Build:Moderator
Survival:Moderator
FTB:Moderator
SkyBlock:Moderator

Build portfolio

Re: Complete Guide to Starting on CC Build!

Postby GaZzWaRs » 10 Feb 2014, 20:34

Great tutorial Becky!

Brief and informative, I love it! :)

Great work.
Hi there. My name's Gazz.

Need any help building?
viewtopic.php?f=247&t=19954

Official member of the CityCraft Build Welcoming Committee

GaZzWaRs
Bedrock Miner

Build:Ultra

Postby Nibink » 10 Feb 2014, 21:04

./warp ccguide :3
Wilderness Committee Captain

We talking, like misdemeanor kind of trouble or "squeal-like-a-pig" trouble?

Nibink

Build:Moderator
Survival:Moderator
FTB:Moderator
SkyBlock:Moderator

Build portfolio

Postby Phox911 » 22 Feb 2014, 13:40

Way to put down a really nice effort Nib.
Though both are really good, if you want to take the time to look around,
use /warp ccguide.

However Becky's is simpler and to the point.
Great, thanks for sharing~! :)

-- 23 Feb 2014, 02:42 --

Way to put down a really nice effort Nib.
Though both are really good, if you want to take the time to look around,
use /warp ccguide.

However Becky's is simpler and to the point.
Great, thanks for sharing~! :)

N.B. Good to mention the business of mods, there's plenty of Donators -> Elites who can answer questions.
Though we cannot provide plots, there is a lot that can be done by us as well.
Cheers ~

Nobody

Guild of Builders
Ultra

===========================================================

You do not just drop a role in a man's lap, and say, "Go, seal, clap for your fish. " I must make this my own if I am to undertake it.
Phox911
Gold Miner

Name:Nobody123456789
Build:Ultra

Return to Build Tutorials