Protecting Horses

View or post tutorials for use on our Build server

Protecting Horses

Postby FizzyJuice152 » 09 Aug 2013, 19:28

I know this is sort of old... but there may be a few players who still don't know how to protect a horse! So here's all the commands :D

/horse list - Shows all owned horses you have.
/horse tp <identifier> - Tp's a specific horse that you own. Find its identifier in /horse list (*Do note that this is a Trusted rank perk).
/horse id <identifier> <new identifier> or /horse setid <identifier> <new identifier> - Allows you to change the id of a horse to its name, or any other id you want it to be
/horse tpall - Tp's all owned horses you have under /horse list
/horse members <identifier> or /horse m <identifier> - Shows all members/players you have added to that horse, so you and that player are able to ride your owned horse.
/horse addmember <identifier> <player> or /horse addm <identifier> <player> - Adds a member to your own horse, so that player can also ride your horse.
/horse delmember <identifier> <player> or /horse delm <identifier> <player> - Deletes a member that you had previously added to your horse.
/horse store - I believe players have no permission to do this command.
/horse summon <identifier> - I believe players have no permission to do this command.
/horse unprotect <identifier> or /horse up <identifier> - Unprotects a horse that you owned, then you will no longer own that horse.
/horse reload - I believe players have no permission to do this commands.
That's all the commands for horses, to find these commands in-game, type /horse to see all of these!

How to protect a horse:

Its quite simple on how to protect a horse. You just take a saddle, and right click the horse with it, after its tamed. You do not shift/sneak while doing this, you just right click the horse with the saddle, no shifting.
Also, donators cannot give horses that have a saddle already to non donators, or that will count as giving items, as for they are giving the non donator a saddle.

If there is any errors, or places that need to be update, let me know! (:
Last edited by FizzyJuice152 on 04 Mar 2014, 15:22, edited 6 times in total.
FizzyJuice152
Obsidian Miner

Build:Ultra
SkyBlock:Ultra

Build portfolio

Re: Protecting Horses

Postby MathewTheCrafter » 13 Aug 2013, 10:17

Do you have any idea why my horse dissapeared?
MathewTheCrafter
Iron Miner

Build:BANNED

Postby FizzyJuice152 » 13 Aug 2013, 13:33

MathewTheCrafter wrote:Do you have any idea why my horse dissapeared?

It could have despawned, because you did not place a saddle on it, or didn't protect it. Or, it may have been stolen... but thing is its really hard to find who stole horses :p
So i guess you could go find another one, and protect it so no one can steal it.
FizzyJuice152
Obsidian Miner

Build portfolio

Postby ThisGuy12356 » 20 Aug 2013, 00:06

thanks very helpful
ThisGuy12356
Dirt Miner

Name:This_Guy12356

Postby ottoamezquita » 25 Aug 2013, 02:03

I had this joker kill one of my horses, while I was just one floor above a construction I was doing.

when I asked him, he said "oops, sorry, can I give you 300 bucks?"

I was furious, eventually I just let it go, but really?

My question is. Can you protect your horse from being killed?

Or does it just disappear when you log off? Seeing as how I cant see it disappear, I don't know the answer?

The instructions are pretty clear, but it says nothing about keeping them from getting killed or ridden?

thanks
ottoamezquita
Stone Miner

Postby XxGurleenxX » 26 Aug 2013, 05:09

ottoamezquita wrote:I had this joker kill one of my horses, while I was just one floor above a construction I was doing.

Or does it just disappear when you log off? Seeing as how I cant see it disappear, I don't know the answer?

The instructions are pretty clear, but it says nothing about keeping them from getting killed or ridden?

thanks

Once you right click the horse with a saddle it protects the horse to just you, and then other players cannot take the horse as for killing recently players have been able to kill other's horses, but the horse should not disappear.
Ex-Build Admin / Host of Late Night CC
MOTM x6 | MOTW x21
Owner Of The Ghetto
Owner Of Omni Industries
Winner Of CityCraft Grand Build Competition
Player Of The Week - July 31st - August 8th 2012
XxGurleenxX
GOD LIKE

Survival:Ultra
FTB:Ultra
SkyBlock:Moderator

Build portfolio

Postby stiv » 27 Aug 2013, 22:12

this is useful thats for sharing fizzy :D :mrgreen:
I have left CityCraft Thanks for the memory's its been a great server and year

want a hold of me best to add me on skype: stiv160
stiv
Diamond Miner

Name:stiv160

Build portfolio

Postby ottoamezquita » 30 Aug 2013, 05:21

ottoamezquita wrote:I had this joker kill one of my horses, while I was just one floor above a construction I was doing.

thanks

Yea, I'm sure these people that keep killing horses are still around. I had fence around my stables, they shot arrows into the horses to kill them. Wow! So, I put glass there now, hopefully that will keep them from shooting in? I think iron rails do the same, keeping out arrow shots? Might be better...

I guess once I figure out how to do locking doors and such, I can secure them a bit better, than just bricking them up behind walls in a protected area.
ottoamezquita
Stone Miner

Postby FizzyJuice152 » 31 Aug 2013, 15:44

I would suggest making a building with a roof and wall, ottoamezquita... and maybe a locked door so only you can get in, also get it protected so they don't break the blocks to go and kill the horses. This might be the best way to keep your horses from getting killed. Sorry that you're horses are getting killed, there's not really a way to find out who did it, without a confession :/ so yeah, maybe try a secure building for the horses
And how to lock doors, you can do /lock, then punch the door, or you could do /cpassword <password> and put a password on the door, a password that you would remember though :p and if you want to unlock it, do /unlock, and punch the lock door.
FizzyJuice152
Obsidian Miner

Build portfolio

Postby Cookiedough6111 » 14 Sep 2013, 19:05

how do you protect you horse because people keep griefing and I have tried protecting it please help me !!
Cookiedough6111
Stone Miner

Name:Oiamo123

Next

Return to Build Tutorials