Quick Minecraft 1.5 Redstone Changes

View or post tutorials for use on our Build server

Quick Minecraft 1.5 Redstone Changes

Postby Patric20878 » 03 May 2013, 13:01

Kinda late on this, but here's a heads up on some subtle redstone changes that 1.5 brought along for those of you who do redstone. Found these while I was fixing 2/3 my redstone lab that 1.5 broke. Sigh...

1) Pulse limiters are now bugged; where usually one would emit a 1 tick long signal, it'd now emit 2 tick long one. 1.5.2 didn't fix it and I don't know when it will be. Below is a picture, with the original on the left and how to fix it on the right. Makes no sense, I know.

2) Redstone on slabs actually power directly downwards now. Only difference I can see between that and a solid block now is that a slab still can't power diagonally like solid blocks can.

3) A 2 tick capacity delay line memory with the 2 repeaters directly feeding into each other won't hold the memory and will turn the whole thing on. But placing them side to side still works, or any variation where the 2 repeaters are separated by at least one wire. Another picture below; the one of the left is broken while the one on the right works.

Probably are some more subtle changes with 1.5, but those are the major ones I noticed. Cheers~

Edit:
4) Place a redstone block, then a piston 2 blocks below it with nothing between the block and the piston, in that specific order. Somehow, the piston actually activates! o_O Darn bugs...

And even torches power pistons 2 blocks underneath it, and the order you place it doesn't even matter. Jeez.
Last edited by Patric20878 on 10 May 2013, 05:31, edited 2 times in total.
Ask me any redstone questions at /warp redlab in CC Build~
Patric20878
Gold Miner

Re: Quick Minecraft 1.5 Redstone Changes

Postby Disy » 09 May 2013, 05:57

Thanks Pat, It's great to know these changes for when I am doing redstone later. :)
Contact Information - (Email: disycraft@gmail.com) (Skype: disymc)
Left CC (for the most part) - April 23rd 2014 | Moderator of 3 years on Build + Modded
Disy
GOD LIKE

Build:Ultra
Survival:Ultra
FTB:Ultra

Build portfolio

Postby Patric20878 » 09 May 2013, 22:05

No problem. And I could've sworn I saw a redstone block power a piston _2_ blocks beneath it when I was designing o_O

Edit: Just confirmed about the redstone block thing. Original post edited.
Ask me any redstone questions at /warp redlab in CC Build~
Patric20878
Gold Miner

Postby pilotfur » 22 May 2013, 05:18

Thanks for posting this! I never knew all of this. That piston being powered by a redstone block 2 blocks down thing is really weird.
This is probably completely wrong, but could it have something to do with thinking an air block is an actual block? Or the fact that it's programmed to transmit a few blocks power?
That second one probably didn't make sense.
It's not rocket science, oh wait... <--- Every NASA meeting ever.
pilotfur
Coal Miner

Build:Ultra

Postby hoodedpsycho193 » 16 Feb 2014, 00:51

Just a note on the redstone powering, when powering a piston, you can also power the block above it and it will turn on. This is why the redstone block is turning it on. And the reason the placing order changed what happened is that powering a piston via the block above causes the piston to be a BUD(Block Update Detector)
until you change the state of a neighbouring block
Hoodedpsycho193
Build-Trusted
Years on build: ≈3
hoodedpsycho193
Iron Miner

Return to Build Tutorials