Switch to full style
View portfolios of our Build members

Forum rules

In this forum you can create a thread to showcase your builds, but you can only edit a thread if it is less than 30 days old.

If your thread is older than that you will need to create a new thread and if you want you can send a private message to any moderator to ask them to remove your old thread, but this is not required.

Please do not create threads that just say things like "Coming soon" or "I'll fill this in when I can", if you post these, they will be deleted!
Topic locked

What do you think of my Portfolio?

It is fine the way it is!
100%
A bit more info would be nice.
No votes
Add some more builds!
No votes

Total votes : 7

TJM66

08 Sep 2014, 07:53

TeeJay's Build Portfolio

Today I am going to present to you, all of my builds I can find warps to: some of which are over 5 years old! I have provided a small paragraph of information below each build plus a few screenshots to show how it looks. Likewise, you can always visit the /warp which I have added to each build too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Runetown Fun Coaster

/warp: Tee_RollerCoaster

Description: Gotta love that name. "Runetown Fun Coaster." Sounds exciting, right? Well it wasn't. I built this when I was only default and at the time, I could only afford cobblestone for the materials. I remember charging $500 per ride, which was ridiculously expensive. That all changed when I donated for the Elite rank, because I now had to comply with additional rules and regulations. In the end, I came out at a loss, because only 4 people were willing to pay full price. Not good enough Tee, not good enough.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

House #1

/warp: Tee_House1

Description: This my friends, is my first house which I constructed in late June 2012. It may have been small and primitive, with an awkward rectangular shape, but I was happy to call this home. It was built in TNTTown, which I suggest you check out (/warp TNTTown). I spent majority of my Default and Member life here.

TJVille

/warp: Removed

Description: This was my first attempt at a town, with the help of a friend by the name of mikeyjohn8. It was originally intended to be a small project for just the two of us, as we weren't expecting anyone to purchase a plot there. I can recall the features of the town. It had a small spawn room with a variety of warps, an art gallery, a hotel plus small, medium and the fancy-scmancy "diamond" plots. There were also two roller-coasters, one which was a standard wooden roller-coaster and another which ventured through a nearby abandoned mine-shaft. There was also a puzzle in development called Puzzle Tunnel, containing many tricks and secret rooms.

Until sadly, Mike got banned and never returned, putting all plans for the town on hold. I don't believe I ever worked on it again. About a year later, I got the town and /warp deleted, to make space for future projects. I highly regret doing that, because at the time, TJVille was awesome and would have been incredible once finished.

These are the very few screenshots in my collection that I could scrape together and remain the only evidence of the town's existence.

House #2

/warp: Tee_House2

Description: This was the home of mikeyjohn8 and a real life friend, samisk. So, why do I add it here? Well, I lived here for some time and undertook some renovations during my stay. It contained a small bar and a tunnel which directed to a great mine. It was never furnished, nor properly built and while it may not be the prettiest house on the block, it sure had some sentimental values to me.

House #3

/warp: Tee_SpawnHome

Description: After building several clunky houses with boring rectangular shapes, it's fair to say, I got a bit sick of it. So this time, I wanted to try something a little different. It was a more "round" house this time, containing rooms in the shape of a cylinder, plus a small cave below containing signs to all my /warps at the time. This house was intended to be more of a landmark, as I never really used it to its full extent. It had stunning views of FRISC0's Clippy sign and Marmite jar. Out of all the plots I owned, this one was the second closest to the old spawn (the first being a large plot located just meters from the spawn building).

PlotCity

/warp: OldPlotCity

Description: After plans for TJVille were scrapped, it was time to go back to the drawing board and build a new town. So I sent out an invitation on the forums requesting for members to help me build it! It was great to get the community together and work as a team to get the job done. The town was on a roll until the team found better things to do, leaving just me and Xxsky1xx to finish the town!

We got majority of the builds finished and the town looked great! One by one, newcomers would come along and ask for a plot. Soon, the town started to grow and thrive, which was my original intention! We may not have filled all the grass area with plots, but we were happy with what we accomplished. Huge credit to Sky and the team for the help, I greatly appreciate the work you put into the project.

StatueHall

/warp: StatueHall

Description: I used to love building statues of people. So I thought: "why not have a statue hall for the players?" So I made one! Unfortunately, I never reached my goal of 200 statues. I got to seven though... That's good, right?

To tell you the truth, it was sometimes tedious work building statues. Firstly I had to /tpa players to me, then take screenshots of each side of their skin. Building the statues was worse. Sometimes, I would forgot one layer of the skin and I had to demolish the whole thing and start over - and when I did finally get it right, there were some blocks which didn't match the texture of the skin, so it didn't match correctly.

Well, I went way off topic there... In conclusion, it was fun creating the statues, but the project never kicked off, however the final result contained nice paths and trees, which made for a good walk.

Skyscraper #1

/warp: Tee_Skyscraper1

Description: Now this is a build I am very proud of and I'm sure serthhi, who helped me build it, would've fancied the final result too. It was my first attempt at a skyscraper. I selected an appropriate choice of materials and brainstormed a design similar to that of my spawn house. It ended up being a great build, which put a smile to my face once it was completed.

Sand Dune Hotel

/warp:SandDuneHotel

Description: This time, I scaled my original skyscraper to be as tall as possible. It was pretty similar to the previous design, with only minor modifications to the shape. There used to be a shop underneath the building which sold supplies, a luxurious lobby and a theoretical elevator implementing the [Lift] signs. It had several rooms which failed to sell, due to the shape the region protection would've been. The materials complemented the Desert City well; spruce wood, sandstone and some mushroom block.

PlotCity 2.0

/warp: PlotCity

Description: My second attempt at PlotCity, as the old one was getting a little disorganised. This town included normal plots, statue plots - which I believe were unique at the time - a tree-farm and a TESCO. PlotCity 2.0 also had a nice lobby cottage with a map and a resident list. This town never got much publicity and was rarely visited. On the bright side though, I had good fun making it.

Staff Statues

/warp: Tee_StaffStatues

Description: Quite a large project in my history, I decided to build statues for the staff members. Some got put at /warp Statue which was my aim! Eventually it came to a point where half of the statues of staff here had resigned, so I thought it would have be too much work to continue.

RMS Titanic

/warp:RMS_Titanic / RMS_TitanicView

Description: Potentially my largest project on the Build server. It was originally going to be an entrant in the CityCraft Grand Build competition, but I never met the deadline. And boy am I late! I am still working on it to this day!

I have always been fascinated by the Titanic, so I thought it would be a suitable thing to build on the server. I promise you, it will get done eventually.

The Ruin

/warp: Secret

Description: A mysterious ruin with treasure hidden at the end. Few so far have dared to enter, for there has been no survivors. Proceed at your own risk.

TeeJay's Mansion

/warp: Somewhere at /warp OldPlotCity

Description: A huge mansion which is currently on my long list of "work in progress," will one day be my home. It was planned to have 4 floors, plus countless rooms and hallways. It was originally going to be the lobby for HugePlots, but I found it was too big.

HugePlots / PlotCity 3.0

/warp: HugePlots

Description: This was my first town as a Moderator, which makes it a whole lot easier to give the plots to people. It included a Get Started guide (/warp Welcome) and plenty of info on the town. Get your plot today!

Now remember, I have so many other builds, but I am only highlighting my main ones. Please vote on my poll at the top of the page, regarding whether you want more info, more builds or if it is just fine.

Ta,

TeeJay
Last edited by TJM66 on 10 Nov 2017, 12:37, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: Unnecessary punctuation and grammar fixes. My OCD was killing me!

Last bumped by TJM66 on 08 Sep 2014, 07:53.
Topic locked