Shutting Down CityCraft - Q&A

Buy and Sell items here. List the items you want to sell and list the items you want to buy. PLEASE use template when listing items.
Forum rules Template:

FOR SELLING:
Topic Name: [WTS] - [ITEM NAME] - [PRICE]
Message: Add any details you feel necessary. Once item is sold please add a post saying that the item has been sold.

FOR BUYING:
Topic Name: [WTB] - [ITEM NAME]
Message: Add the price range you are looking for. Once you have found a seller please add a post saying you have bought the item.

Shutting Down CityCraft - Q&A

Postby joebladon » 13 Sep 2014, 11:20

Hello everyone,

I am making this post today to let you know that I will be closing down CityCraft in a few days time.

There have been so many things over the last few months that have made is almost impossible to keep the server running. First we had the EULA changes causing the server to make considerably less money each month, and as we have seen from the donation goal i added with the new shop we aren't even close to covering the costs of the server.

The next major hit was when the bukkit project was abandoned by its lead developers, this then evolved into the entire project being taken down. I have serious doubts that there will ever be a bukkit version released for 1.8. This mean all development has stopped for everything on the server. No plugin updates, no bug fixes and no new plugins. All this means we can't evolve from the current state that we have the servers, a state which anyone would say isn't right to get people back into playing on CC.

Finally the most recent bit of news is that microsoft is in talks to buy minecraft, now this could be a good thing but until that has gone through and new systems have been setup by the new owners i see it being very unsettled. There could be yet more major changes to come out before or after the sale.

I want you to know this isn't a decision i have come to lightly, CityCraft has been something i have dedicated almost 4 years of my life to but now i have other commitments and can't afford to run the server out of my own pocket each month.

I appologise to all of you that may be upset by this, i wish i was able to run this indefinitely but unfortunately things must come to an end.

This thread will act as an open Q&A for you guys so please if you have a question ask away and I'll get back to you with an answer.

I want to thank you all for playing on CityCraft and being a part of this amazing community over the last 3 years it means a lot to still have some of the original players here with us today as well as new people joining daily.
joebladon
CityCraft Owner

Name:Joebladon
Build:Owner
Survival:Owner
FTB:Owner
SkyBlock:Owner

Re: Shutting Down CityCraft - Q&A

Postby 53gecko53 » 13 Sep 2014, 11:41

Once the server is down will the fourms still be up?
I make the pro players rage on BF3 somehow... I am a amazing player

Its fine they wont do anything wrong they are just like pets in a zoo you just look at them but they cant attack you
53gecko53
GOD LIKE

Build:Ultra

Postby joebladon » 13 Sep 2014, 11:47

53gecko53 wrote:Once the server is down will the fourms still be up?

Yes the website and forum will be kept online, I'm not sure in what form (locked or open) i might possible change CityCraft to be a gaming group rather than focused on minecraft. So its all very undecided but it will be online.
joebladon
CityCraft Owner

Postby 53gecko53 » 13 Sep 2014, 11:48

Ok thanks

Also like the last 3 days the server is up can you just unban everyone cause yolo? It wont really do any harm since the server will be closing :(
I make the pro players rage on BF3 somehow... I am a amazing player

Its fine they wont do anything wrong they are just like pets in a zoo you just look at them but they cant attack you
53gecko53
GOD LIKE

Postby joebladon » 13 Sep 2014, 11:57

53gecko53 wrote:Also like the last 3 days the server is up can you just unban everyone cause yolo? It wont really do any harm since the server will be closing :(

I wont be doing this, i don't want the last few days to be full of trolls and racists.
joebladon
CityCraft Owner

Postby Rukie1 » 13 Sep 2014, 12:04

All my friends.....

I've created like 80% of my MC friends on CC, it was my 2nd ever server and pretty much one of the only ones I would never quit.. I wish there was some way it could stay up.. This is gonna be hard :'(

But tho, if any of my friends are reading this, I might not ever ever ever see you again so bye

~Rukie
ELITE
TIER 5
SKYLORD
Member of the Holiday Corner Committee
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
give the chicken,
THE SEED

~ Rukie1 ~
Rukie1
Gold Miner

Survival:Ultra
SkyBlock:Ultra

Postby train06 » 13 Sep 2014, 12:05

Well done for keeping up the server for so long and if there is a beginning there is an end
Congraz
~Stell90
If you fail on you first try ask some else to do it
train06
Iron Miner

Name:stell90

Postby JvPalmer » 13 Sep 2014, 12:09

Well thanks for the 3 years+ I've got to spend here, plus the opportunity to moderate for a few months. All good things come to an end, shame I know.

I'd just like to ask that when the servers are gone, may we use the forums as a point of contact for other players and not be penalized for sharing server IPs so that people can still play with their friends? I mean the CC brand may not continue, but the community is stronger than that, and it's not too late to keep that going.
"Everyone is equal.
Just some are more equal than others..."

"It takes a big man to cry...
...but it takes a bigger man to cry on a giraffe's head!"
JvPalmer
Bedrock Miner

FTB:Ultra

Postby joebladon » 13 Sep 2014, 12:14

JvPalmer wrote:I'd just like to ask that when the servers are gone, may we use the forums as a point of contact for other players and not be penalized for sharing server IPs so that people can still play with their friends? I mean the CC brand may not continue, but the community is stronger than that, and it's not too late to keep that going.

By all means use the forums to PM people and find alternate ways to contact them but i wont be allowing public posts advertising servers for people to play on.
joebladon
CityCraft Owner

Postby Cygnus44 » 13 Sep 2014, 13:16

I'd firstly like to say that this community is one of the friendliest big MC communities that I am part of. I would like to thank Joe for keeping the server as long as he could (You've done a great job despite everyone giving you shit and moaning about the changes you've made over the past few years) I hope this community stays on and maybe moves to other servers and can be kept together by the Steam group and other communities where CC is large (TF2 for example).

It's been a great 2, nearly 3 years playing with you all! I wish you all the best in whatever routes you all choose in life, whether you decide to become a Professor, Mechanic, Sports person or a 'skip scabber'. ;)

All the best.

(Feel free to click the Skype button on my profile here and add me)
linux wrote:Bro... Do you even gravity?

Donator+ | Tier 4 | Engineer
Proud Member of TheCreed

Cygnus44
GOD LIKE

FTB:Ultra

Build portfolio

Next

Return to Survival Marketplace