FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions (Read this first!)

Information about the build server.

FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions (Read this first!)

Postby Lunar_C » 06 Oct 2011, 19:40

This FAQ is a work in progress. Anyone who has something to add, change or suggest is welcome to post here. If your question is not answered here, it should be posted in the Build Chat forum, or in chat on the server itself ;)

Q. What's the IP for build/survival/FTB/Skyblock servers?
A. Build Server: Build.citycraft.co,uk
Survival Server: Survival.citycraft.co.uk
FTB Server: servers,citycraft.co.uk:1339
Skyblock Server: Skyblock.citycraft.co.uk
Portal Server: Servers.citycraft.co.uk

Q. Is this build or survival?
A. CityCraft Build is, by definition, a build server. Players cannot kill you, nor can you kill other players. You can still die by falling in lava, or by falling off a cliff, however. Your hunger bar, introduced in Minecraft 1.8, will still slowly decline until you eat something. The server does NOT use Minecraft 1.8's 'Creative Mode', so no free-spawning of blocks or flying, unless you have reached the necessary ranks of Donator and Trusted respectively.

Q. Where can I build?
A. Most (if not all) building in CityCraft Build takes place on 'plots', which work exactly like real life plots - you get an area of land where you can build what you like! Empty and free-to-use plots in CityCraft can be found in areas known as Openplots, which are usually followed by a number (eg. openplots5, openplots12 etc). The numbers tell you how recently the plots were created, and thus are a good indicator of how full they are. Pretty much, if you want to find a free open plot quickly, try for higher numbers. The more time you spend on the server, and the more friends you make, eventually you may be invited to build or help out in smaller private towns, villages and cities that other users have created. To find openplots, use Warp signs - or if you're really struggling, ask other users - but be polite!

Q. Where can I mine?
A.There are a number of free and open mines all over the Build server. Similar to Openplots, these can be located using Warp signs. Bring a pick, even a friend or an entire mining party! If it's wood you're looking for, there are areas specifically designed for woodcutting, known as 'Treefarms'. Also found on Warp signs all across the server, they are simply areas with a lot of trees that you can cut down at will. All that is asked is that you replant the saplings for future players, so they can get free wood too.

Q. Why can't I destroy/build whatever wherever I want?
A. The CityCraft build server uses a unique Plot Protection system, whereby users' creations are kept safe by a moderator, stopping griefers and curious players from ruining or adding to (or both!) other players' buildings. Special build-areas mean that the server will act as a constantly expanding city, instead of turning into a huge, blocky jumbled mess. Find Openplots to build on, and have full control over your own creations.

Q.How do I become member/trusted/donator?
A. To become a Member, you must first sign up here at forum.citycraft.co.uk. After doing so, click on the large grey button with 'Get Promoted Here' on it. Click on 'Build Profile', then under 'Upgrade options' you will see 'Upgrade to Member'. That's it, head to the CityCraft Build server and enjoy your swanky new status.
To become a Trusted, you must have completed the following:
- 10 Forum posts anywhere on the CityCraft Forums
- 10 Votes for the CityCraft server
- 20 days spent on the Forums (which means logging in at least once every day)
After doing this, follow the same method you used to become a Member, except this time click Upgrade to Trusted. Done!
To become a Donator or a Donator+, you must donate to the CityCraft Server via the 'Upgrade to Donator/Donator + buttons found on your Build Profile page. The page will also list the perks and privileges of becoming a Donator. Follow the instructions found on the donation page, and enjoy your new special rank as soon as the transaction is completed!

Q. Where is Tesco, and what is it for?
A. The Tesco branches throughout the Build server act as large shops for players to spend their hard-earned cash in. Players can buy almost every block available in Minecraft, excluding some more exclusive blocks, such as water and lava buckets, as well as flint and tinder. Locating a Tesco is not too difficult - they are found at the central Warp point in every Openplot, as well as the main branch found outside the Spawn and Help zone. Similar to other important locations, Warp signs are available to transport you instantly to Tesco whenever you're running low on hard-to-craft blocks. They also sell food!

Q. What is a plot protection?
A. After you've built your creation, you don't want other players trashing it, right? A plot protection simply defends the area your building is in, meaning only you can build there. You can add and take away blocks as much as you want, and it won't effect the area of protection. If your building expands, you will need make another plot protection to cover the new sections of your building, or it risks being attacked by griefers.

Q. How do I get my plot protected?
A. To protect your plot, simply open your chatbox, type - /modreq (Insert your *polite* request for your plot to be protected here). Then, all you have to do is wait for a Mod to teleport to your location and protect your building. It is advised that you stay in the place/plot/area that you made the request in, so as not to confuse the Moderator and waste their time.

Q. Why is my plot protection taking so long?
A. Remember: Mods are constantly protecting other players' plots, unfortunately they can't immediately zoom to you the instant you need a plot protecting. Be patient, think about exactly what you need protected, and even consider future additions to your building which you may want protected, so that you don't have to make another /modreq an hour later for the garden you added at the back of your mansion ;)

Q. Where are the mods?
A. This question is asked a lot, and it can be difficult to be patient when the superstructure you've spent the last 4+ hours building is open to griefing. This is a very important lesson - Moderators have lives, just like you. They have volunteered to do this job, and they can't be at every single player's beck and call 24/7. They have school, work and personal lives, just like you. During peak hours on the server, Moderators may have to deal with several hundreds of /modreq's, and so begging for a Moderator's attention in chat is only likely to annoy them further.

Q. I have been griefed, who do I report it to?
A. Similar to a plot protection, reports of griefing must be sent via a /modreq. If the griefing is in progress right in front of your eyes, explain to the griefer that what they are doing is illegal, take a screenshot if neccessary, and post it on the forums. CityCraft Moderators have many tools for catching and banning griefers, and can deal with them very swiftly. Even if someone has flattened your house to the ground, Mods can simply undo the griefer's actions within seconds, so don't panic!

Q. Can I warp/TP? If so, how?
A. Only Members may use the /warp command. To use the command, type /warp (Destination here). For example, /warp tesco will take you to tesco, and /warp nyc will take you to New York City. Only Trusteds may use the /tp (Teleport) command. To use the command, type /tp (Player's name here). For example, typing /tp Lunar_C would teleport you instantly to my location. Inversely, typing /tptohere (Player name here) would warp that player to your location instantaneously.

Q.Who do I ask to get a TP?
A. Since Trusted's and upwards can teleport you (if you are stuck, or lost), it would be best to ask Trusted players for teleportation. it is NOT a Moderator's job to taxi you around the server. Don't ask them, or you will face the gruesome consequences.

Q. How do warp signs work?
A. Warp signs are extremely useful if you are new, or unfamiliar with the /warp command. They can be identified by a blue [Warp] on a wooden sign. By right clicking them, they will take you to the location stated on the sign. Neat, huh?

Q. I'm on a Mac, why can't I use warp signs?
A. Mac users simply use CTRL + Right click on warp signs to use them.

Q. Can I change the gamemode?
A. No. If you want to try the other Player vs Player (PVP) and survival server, try CityCraft Survival.

Q.How do I vote?
A. As soon as you open any section of the forum here on CityCraft.co.uk, you'll see a post under 'Announcements' entitled 'Get $2000 in-game coins for free, everyday!'. Click on the post, and follow the instructions.

Q.Why hasn't my voting worked?
A. Voting sites by their nature are often buggy and temperamental. Smarty-pants Wanestars has made this very useful thread to explain what you can try next.

Q.How do I become member/trusted/donator?
A. To become a Member, you must first sign up here at forum.citycraft.co.uk. After doing so, click on the large grey button with 'Get Promoted Here' on it. Click on 'Build Profile', then under 'Upgrade options' you will see 'Upgrade to Member'. That's it, head to the CityCraft Build server and enjoy your swanky new status.
To become a Trusted, you must have completed the following:
- 10 Forum posts anywhere on the CityCraft Forums
- 10 Votes for the CityCraft server
- 20 days spent on the Forums (which means logging in at least once every day)
After doing this, follow the same method you used to become a Member, except this time click Upgrade to Trusted. Done!
To become a Donator or a Donator+, you must donate to the CityCraft Server via the 'Upgrade to Donator/Donator + buttons found on your Build Profile page. The page will also list the perks and privileges of becoming a Donator. Follow the instructions found on the donation page, and enjoy your new special rank as soon as the transaction is completed!

Q. How long do I have to be here to get Veteran status?
A. Six weeks, or 42 days to be exact.

Q.What's the block ID# for xyz?/ Which block is ID#123?
A. To find information about blocks and their ID numbers, head to the Minecraft Wikipedia or use this very useful chart

Q. Where can I get food?
A. You can either farm the traditional Minecraft way by planting crops or finding and killing animals, or simply spend a few dollars at Tesco and get the food instantly. Remember, asking for items is against the rules, so don't go begging!

Q. What privileges does a member/trusted/donator have?
A. - Members may use the /warp command to instantly teleport to places without the use of warp signs.
- Trusteds may use the /tp and /tphere commands to instantly teleport to other players. They may also make use of Zombe's flymod to fly around the server. (Note: Using flymod before this rank will get you a nasty banning)
- Donators can use /item (spawns any item), /time (changes time of day), /kick (kicks players), /god (invincibility) and also have a reserved space on the server, which means you can log in even when the server is full!They also have the ability to fly, warp and teleport like the ranks below.
- Donator+s have all the privileges of the ranks below, as well as access to the 'superpick', which breaks blocks instantly. Donator+ also supplies you with Unlimited blocks, which means you can place as many of a type of block as you want, without having to restock.

Q. What does WE stand for?
A. WE stands for 'WorldEdit', a mod used by Moderators to protect, copy and delete buildings and areas on the server. More information can be found here.

Q.What does AFK stand for?
A. AFK stands for Away From Keyboard, which is a command actually inbuilt into the server. Type /afk to set your status as away, and type /back to cancel the afk status.

Q.How do I make money?
A. To make money, either vote for the CityCraft Servers, which will earn you up to 2000 in-game dollars a day. You can also mine for items and sell them at shops like Tesco, or even to other players. If you've proved yourself capable, you might even be hired to help people build things, which could earn you larger amounts of money. Or, you could simply become a Donator and enjoy unlimited cash :D

Q. Why is love so complicated?
A. Love goes by haps; Some Cupid kills with arrows, some with traps.

Q. Why don't buckets/flint&steel work?
A. These items are very often used to grief properties and areas. Setting fire to things and flooding places with both lava and water are common sources of griefing. They have subsequently been disabled for anyone below the rank of Donator. If you desire water for a fountain etc, politely ask a Donator to place some for you. The same applies for lighting Netherrack.

Q. Y U BAN ME LOLOLOL *GRIEFGRIEFGRIEF*
A. If you've read the rules, you'll know why. But seriously, if you believe you have been banned without reason, make a post in the 'Ban Dispute' section of the forum, following the guide there.

Q. How do you change your skin?
A. To change your skin, you first need to find a skin you like. The Skindex at is a fantastic source of skins for your Minecraft player. After downloading a skin image there, head to Minecraft, select Profile and upload the skin to your account there. Make it creative and memorable - there are more skins of HoneyDew's dwarf of khaz modan than you can shake a stick at ;)

Q. What plugins does this server have?
A. To find a full list of the server's Plugins, log into the Build server and type /plugins

Q. How do you change the colour of a sign's text?
A. Only Donators and Mods can perform this action. Ask them at your own risk.

Q. Can Donators/Mods give items or money away?
A. As a rule, no.
Lunar_C
Diamond Miner

Build:Ultra

Re: FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions (Read this first!)

Postby joebladon » 06 Oct 2011, 22:37

Awesome Post!

Bumped it up to "Announcement" so everyone will read it.

Thanks Lunar_c
Joe
joebladon
CityCraft Owner

Name:Joebladon
Build:Owner
Survival:Owner
FTB:Owner
SkyBlock:Owner

Return to Build Information